Chapter 6 part 2

"Right so let me get this straight

"Right so let me get this straight... she accidentally joined the cult and then ran off with a group of children, including her own. Then she put them all in to care but she intends to keep Tobin?" "That's right Roland." He shook his head looking at the board.

"That man beat her until she had brain damage. The things people think they are able to get away with. Why isn't he in prison?" "If enough people side with him it's the whole group against one. Wounds aren't enough evidence as anyone could have beaten her. The photographs help but... the simple answer is she's afraid to stand up to them. Its easy for them to kill her."

Roland smiled. "Maybe she can come clean with us to help defend her?" "Maybe in time." I looked down at the book in my hands the horror book was about a woman that was mistreated and ran away. The man kept following her until she eventually shot him in the chest with a shot gun.

"What I'm most concerned about is Tobin thinks the people after him have found him. They are sitting in the basement making plans in case they have to kill them. She practically told me she would shoot them if they came in her house. I know she's got our force out gunned." "Have they really found them or is it just the fears of a scared child?"

I put the book aside and shrugged. "I don't know. I think Tobin is just scared." Roland frowned. "You got work soon." "Yes... how are we going to hide this broad?"

Roland smiled standing and walking to the place my canvases laid. "While you were out I had an idea." He pulled out one of the pictures and held it up over the board. "You could modify one of these to slide over the top. I nodded. "I'll do that when I come home." "In the morning? After your nightshirt?"

I stood picking up the canvas and returning it to it's place. "Yes Roland. The chief doesn't trust me now so I need to hide this before he comes looking." I walked in to the bathroom showered and then got ready for work.

A standard nightshirt was only broken up by me driving past the the bottom of the driveways, of Tia and Edith's house. I saw no black Volvo and nothing else of interest. I parked up old Betty and walked in the station as it got light.

"Hey mac how was the night shift?" "Morning Janna. Nothing to report." She put a cup of tea down at the desk for me. "Your right about the chief acting odd." "Why what happened?" She sat down at the reception desk. "He's been showing a lot more paranoid thoughts. He thinks you've teamed up with Tia and are planing to kill him." I nodded sitting at the desk and starting my duty report. "Well let's hope what ever is going on with him stops soon." "James is acting odd now too." We both lapsed in to silence as the chief and James walked in.

"Morning chief, Morning James." They both nodded to Janna and sneered at me. They walked out to the chief's office and Janna looked over at me. I shook my head at her and she nodded understanding my need to keep quiet.

I finished my report and went home without seeing ether of them. Roland looked worriedly out the window as I came in. "The chief and James came over and asked to come in. I told them I was in a mess and to come back later, they started yelling at me. Mac what the hell is going on?" I moved to the canvases and pulled one of them out. "I don't know.. I think Tia might. The chief and James are acting really odd. This is why I wanted to hide this ASAP." "Are you going to ask Tia?" I grabbed my tool box and opened it. "Not sure at the moment."