𝕮𝖆𝖈𝖈𝖎𝖆𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖊

I wake up with the sun shining on my face, the pleasant and calming noise of the pine trees rustling and birds singing, is like a treat for my ears

I rub my eyes lazily with one hand, looking around slowly.

"Hmph...damn" I murmur, my voice hoarse from disuse and sleep. I rest one hand on the trunk of the tree where a few minutes ago I was leaning, I stand up quickly, placing the backpack on one shoulder, then on the other.

I continue walking slowly along the winding, single-story ground, I yawn softly feeling my eyes still heavy from sleep. I walk along the small roads formed on the forest floor, the gun still remained in my holster, and the map in one of my hands.

_________________TWD______________________

I walk for about two hours without stopping to rest or drink water from my canteen. My lips are pale and my forehead drips with cold sweat, it's been two days since I've eaten anything at all, that is at least one expired can of beans.

Take a deep breath as I look around the forest, my vision starts to become blurry because of the same sized trees around me... weakness was already starting to invade my senses; I rub my forehead with the heel of my hand, removing the sweat and strands stuck to it.

I stagger slowly, trying to stay upright;As walk a little further, i hear a slight sound of running water. I forget my weakness and run desperately in a straight line; the branches and leaves break under my boots, creating small noises, not loud enough to attract attention.

Finally reach the river bank, my knees weaken from exhaustion, Knocking me over the rocks. I crawl closer to the shore, reaching out to cup my hand, scooping up the water and splashing it over my face.

(This is the river)

(This is the river)

"I didn't know I needed it so much" I mutter to myself as take a deep breath, tilting my head and placing my forehead over the water. My body temperature soon drops, and the discomfort also seems to have gone away.

Drop my backpack below a fallen log, hiding it from possible eyes other than mine, I get up from the ground, the palms of my hands slightly marked from the support on the stones. I run my tongue over my lips, the vertical marks due to dehydration disappear when my lips come into contact with saliva.