He reveals himself...

...you deserve it. You'll rot in the dungeons where you belong. Startled by Ryan's taunts, May's eyes flew open as she replayed the events that happened in her reoccurring nightmares. It has been two days and she was still locked up in this dark and cold underground prison.

There was no sign of life apart from herself and the not so friendly rats that kept her company. She was so hungry and thirsty that she couldn't believe she was still alive. At some point, she was tempted to wonder how the rats would taste.

May smiled sadly, cracking her bruised lips. "I guess I really do deserve this 'dream' life that I really wanted. I just want to be happy, how is that wrong!!" Her eyes scanned her environment, as if expecting anyone or even anything to talk back.

With a silent shake of her head, May buried her face in her palms. She was barely able to make it through one sob before her parched throat let out loud, dry hacks.

"Oh dear, how long has it been!!" May looked up to identify the person who suddenly showed up out of nowhere.
Her eyes lit up as she tried to stand but failed miserably.

Gee shook her head at the sight of May. "Sorry it took so long to get here dear, the passage was a bit umm... swamped".

May held the bars separating her and her friend. "Gee!! Is it really you!!" She looked up expectantly.

"Yes dearie, it is I".
May scrunched up her nose as if sensing foul play. "What you are you??"
Gee's eyes went wide. "May dear, I don't understand. What do you mean!!"

"Are you the goddess or you're the other one that isn't you but looks exactly like you!!" Her eyes seemed accusing.

Gee flashed a knowing smile."I suppose I am both but right now, I am who you want me to be. Who you desire to see the most!!"

May cast her eyes down. "You're the goddess. I just need someone to talk to right now. I...I need a friend".

In an instant, Gee was by May's side, pulling her into an embrace. May broke down in tears as she began narrating everything that had happened to her.

"I'm certain you made a mistake, rightttt!! Cause this is definitely not my dream life!! Maybe the doors got switched or something". May wanted it to be so true.

Gee began explaining, "May, you see, I know you expect your dream life to just pop out of nowhere and happen instantly but that's not how it works. You have to live this life and earn it, that's what makes it your dream life. I could have as well given you your dream life in your home but it wouldn't be the same" She stood up and continued, "We all have our parts to play. You don't just sit and wait for what happens May, that is exactly what you're doing. You're yet to realize your true potential. You'd be surprised" Gee wiped a stray tear from May's swollen cheek.

"Help is on its way. I need to go now. Take care of yourself May".

May fought back tears before speaking. "Would I see you again??" Her eyes were pleading.

"Yes, yes you will. It'll definitely not be everytime but I'll visit you when you need me and don't forget May, you got this!" Gee disappeared after a quick wink.

"Waittt...how bout the warning. You forrrr..." She was gone.
May sunk lower into the ground.

Sounds of footsteps suddenly filled May's eardrums. She looked up, hope surging within her. She heard a creak and a loud grind like iron rubbing on iron. "Tyler...it's Tyler". May almost leaped for joy.

Her heart froze as she spotted Tyler's face. He was undeniably angry. "At who?? Me??" May thought as she began shivering. The cell became so cold that May could not feel her body anymore.