What's next...

Mr King's luxurious office wasn't called luxurious for nothing. May took in the sight as she walked in thinking..."Mannnn, I need this life".
She eyed the collection of Maiden Home furnitures that took up most of the space in the large office. A sudden cough jerked her awake from her momentary daydream. "Oh yes, umm...Mr King, how're you doing today??". He responded with a slight frown and an upturned eyebrow.
"Right, you wanted to see me sir" May asked meekly, batting her eyelids in a charming way, or so she thought".
Before responding, Mr King, who appeared to be twice May's age took a long and good look at May. He took in her messy bun, sweat soaked blue suit and her half footwear. He sighed heavily making May squirm.
"Ms Davis...erhh, May, you're a very nice lady. Any company would be ah hemm lucky to have you..."
"Oh thank you thank you so much sir. May intercepted quickly. "I knew you wouldn't fire me. Despite my mistakes, I know I can do better and if you give me one more chance, I promise to be the most dii..."
It was Mr King's turn to cut in..."ligent of all, right May?? I know that cause that has been your go to line for the PAST TWO YEARS..." May felt heat rise to her cheeks.
"So, if you'd let me continue...Any company would be lucky to have you... just not us. We don't feel lucky having you here. It's the opposite actually and umm...we want to give you the freedom you deserve to explore the rest of the world" He looked at her hoping she got the hint. He really didn't want to hurt her feelings.
"You're sending me on an international tour??" May asked hiding her intense feeling to scream out loud and hug the man. "That's it...May Davis, you are FIRED. Wayne, would you escort Miss Davis out please?? And make sure she gets all of her things including the company's compensation form. That'll be all". Mr King said, all the while avoiding May's puzzled face. After his conversation with Wayne, he instantly gave his entire focus to the documents placed in front of him.
"Miss Davis please we'll need you to gather your things from your desk, or would you like someone to do that for you?? Wayne asked. May turned to the door slowly and walked out without saying a word. Wayne went out right behind her, shutting Mr King's door.
After making sure that May was out of his office, Mr King raised his head and a sad-worried expression found its way to his handsome face. He sighed softly, shook his head a time or two and went back to his documents.
May was really slow in gathering her things which made Wayne uncomfortable. He refused to speak up until now cause he didn't want to add salt to her injury. "Look May, I'm really sorry bout all this, really I am but you have to pick up the pace. I need to be back in the office as soon as I can, okayy??". May gave no reply. After about twenty minutes of putting things away in boxes, Wayne requested for May's signature on the company's form and her identification badge. The two had a minor tug of war before May finally let go of her badge and walked out of the company, earning stares and amused glances from her ex colleagues.
She looked back at all she had lost once more before boarding a taxi to "heaven knows where". "Just keep driving till you get to good luck land then I'll get off". The driver looked at her like she had gone nuts, then averted his gaze to the boxes with her and immediately understood the situation. "Yes ma'am". He said with a thick accent.
Six minutes into the drive, May's phone started buzzing but she didn't pick up. The driver noticed this and looked back only to find May dozing, her mascara stained face hitting the window slightly. He picked up her phone and decided to pick the call.
" Hallo, who's on the line sil vous plait"
"Umm...sil vous what now...is May there??
"Zhe owner of this phone is umm...in a state. I believe zhe madame got fired from her workplace. If you're related to her then please come pick her up. I really don't know where zhe good luck land is mademoiselle".
"Where are you??"
"Right in front of zhe booze joint"
"The what??"
" Zhe booze joint called Homey Lid"
"Ohhh...gimme five minutes, I'll be right over. And umm...thank you so much"
"Tout le plaisir est pour moi"
"Umm... Yeah, moi pour to you too" Riele ended the weird call and immediately got dressed. She grabbed her phone and her list of activities and skipped to the Homely Lid.
Riri found May sitting on a sidewalk and staring into space. Her face indicated that she had been crying. Riri rushed to her and put her arm around her. "Wanna tell me what happened??"
Why?? So you can make fun of me like my life is doing right now, how can I have a life, a good one if the life itself doesn't like me!! Why is this happening to me Riri!! May buried her face in her hands as she poured out all the withheld tears.
"That's my girl, that's my girl, what did you do this time?? "Nothing much...I just came late to work. What do they want from me!! After everything I've done for them, I go to work almost every day, I arrive early once in a while, I have even gone a whole month without destroying any company property and he had the guts to tell me that the company does not want me. Have you met me!!...May poured out her heart to her best friend, looking at her face once in a while for approval before picking up her words.
"Nooooo...he did that, how dare he!! You know what May, you don't need them. What you need is fun. Girl, you have to have fun, go around LA, go on a date... speaking of dates... we'll get you one right now. Let's go" Riri half pulled half dragged May up from the ground and turned around to face the club. "Waittt, what about my boxes, what if they get stolen"...Girl, you couldn't pay a beggar to steal those things" May began crying again...harsh racking sobs.
"Ohhh Mayyy, I'm sorry. Your things are not so bad". Riri offered her a wet towel."That's all I have". Accepting the towel and blowing her nose quite loudly, May said...It's not about my things, it's just that I kinda insulted you on the phone this morning bout not having a job and all and he he, she laughed hopelessly...look at me now. Thanks a lot karma".
In the bar, May started to loosen up and feel better. She downed bout two shots of tequila and began laughing with Riri. Soon enough, Riri had forgotten all about her as she received series of invitations to dance. May smiled softly. Riri never had trouble getting guys. With a perfect body shape and a gorgeous face, who wouldn't fall for her brunette bestie. May on the other hand got her fair share of guys, she had a 34-27-37 body shape and a blonde head that most find beautiful and enticing.
Still deep in her thoughts was she that she didn't realize she had company.
"Hey there pretty"...May looked to her side to find a tall, good looking, just okay looking guy staring at her, well, at her body hungrily. "Well, why not" she said in her head. She instantly put her hand in her hair in a way that was supposed to be seductive as she had seen Riri do a couple of times. She messed her hair up little and crossed her legs in a really slow and alluring manner.
What could go wrong, right!! May ended up with hair in her eyes, mouth and ears and splayed on the club floor.
Her foot had caught the bar stool while crossing her legs which resulted in an entangled blonde mess on the floor.
"Shittt" she turned to see if her admirer was still sitting or waiting to give her a hand. None, he had already started a chat with some other redhead. Riri rushed to her side. "Girl, I think you've had enough fun...let's go home". Riri took May out of the club, listening to May mumbling bout how she tried to flirt and how sure she was that she got all the moves right but her life was so terrible that she couldn't even pull that one off".
Riri dropped May home and handed her to her mum, Mrs Davis. "Oh May, what am I going to do with you" she said as she laid her on her bed with a quick kiss and a worried look". Once the door was shut, May shot open her eyes and began crying so much that she thought she was going to be sick. "Why is my life so pathetic!! I really am a good person. I go to church, I listen to my mom...sometimes, I do my chores. Honestly, I do. I just think I deserve a better life. I'd be much obliged" She said to no one in particular. "So please please please please please please please pleeeeease...help me and I'll be the most diligent of all". May laughed at her silly joke and decided to go to sleep. "Need a lotta energy to deal with tomorrow's badluck" With a deep sigh, she closed her eyes, wiped her tear stained cheeks and went to sleep with a sad smile plastered on her face.

Little did she know that night would be a life changer... In the most shocking way. Little did she know...

Third chapter completed. Hope y'all like it.
Lemme know if you have ideas to share. I'll be glad to take them all into consideration.
You'll need to vote, comment and umm... follow me as well. I need votes to continue.
Byee...for now. Mwaaahhh
@yeoung_heart.
👇
👇
👇
👇
👇
👇
👇
👇
👇