Chapter 17

Sophie watched as the movers had unpacked Calum's last box. He had officially downgraded from his amazing bachelor pad into a smaller apartment that he claimed felt more like home.

"Rich, be gentle with that one! That one has all the glass!" One of the men yelled. The man holding the box cringed and slowly bent down to put the box down instead of throwing it like he had been doing before. 

"Fine, sorry," The other man apologized, beginning to open the box to reveal a beautiful vinyl plaque for the 5 Seconds of Summer 'Sounds Good Feels Good' album, "Hey, my daughter loves this band. You a fan?" 

Sophie didn't respond, "Oh are you- yeah, you could say that!" 

The man smiled and continued to rummage through the box to empty it. As he continued, he noticed there were more and more albums and one vinyl plaque dedicated to Calum Hood. Slowly, Sophie watched as the man realized that Sophie may have been way more than just a fan. The two men were able to connect the dots, they were moving all male items into a female's home where there were tons of baby items. What type of grown man with a child would be super into 5 Seconds of Summer unless he was in the band itself? 

"Oh WOW!" The man exclaimed after he had realized whose stuff he was moving, "My daughter's gonna get such a kick out of this!" Before Sophie could stop him, he had taken out his phone and took a picture of the vinyl records. Sophie just stood there in silence watching with a small smile. She especially didn't want to yell because Kai was in her arms sleeping peacefully, and she hadn't gotten enough of those moments lately. 

"Thank you for helping out," Sophie smiled, insisting that it was time for them to move since the job was now officially finished. 

"No problem,"The first man stated. 

"I'll pay online?" Sophie asked. 

"Yes, you can go on the Online Portal to pay. Thank you Ms. Li," The second man smiled, straightening his back and getting ready to leave. 

Sophie saw the two of them out the door and went to go sit on the couch with Kai to do nothing. Recently, it had become a favorite activity of hers. Within a few minutes, Calum burst in with three bags of groceries and a bit of sweat on his forehead. 

"These baaaags are heavy," Calum huffed. 

"There's no way you're that sweaty from just that," Sophie laughed. 

"I haven't had time to work out that much, I'm working on my dad bod instead," Calum replied. Sophie looked him up and down, no matter what Calum said that 'dad bod' wasn't forming. He still managed to keep his chiseled frame. 

"Work on unloading the car too," Sophie grinned. 

"Fine, fine. Only since I lo-like you so much," Calum replied, correcting himself. He had remembered that the first time he said I love you, it didn't go too well. Sophie had completely shut down over the words but had allowed him to move in with her. He didn't wanna push his luck by shoving his love in her face.