Chapter 14

Like an excited puppy, Sophie waited again by the door with Kai in her arms for Calum. As soon as she saw his car pull up, she opened the door for him. He smiled and walked towards her.

"Couldn't wait to see me, huh?" Calum asked.

"No, I couldn't wait to pass him off," Sophie laughed, handing Kai immediately to his father and going towards her computer, "I set the computer up to the TV, so we can scroll through the Target website that way and listen to music at the same time." 

"Genius," Calum smiled, "What do you wanna listen to?" 

"Maybe something relaxing like the Strokes or Mac Demarco?" Sophie suggested.

"Wow, no 5SOS?" Calum teased watching as Sophie began playing Mac Demarco softly anyway. 

"I've listened to enough of that in my good old days. Heartbreak girl is such a banger," Sophie replied. 

"Oh god, you don't remember what I looked like, but you remember that song. Delete that from your memory please," Calum laughed. 

"You call me up," Sophie began to sing before Calum immediately cut her off. 

"Let's just shop!" 

Sophie scrolled through the Target website, while Calum cooed at Kai in his arms. Finally, Kai was awake and able to interact with his father. Kai just barely was able to stare at Calum for a few seconds, but Sophie managed to capture a photo of it. She had realized that she took no pictures from the first time they met, and wanted Calum to have at least one picture of him and his infant son. Calum didn't see that she snapped the picture because he was so mesmerized in the barely open eyes of his son. Kai slowly began falling back asleep and Calum finally brought his eyes to the screen that was displaying all the potential Target outfits for Kai. 

Sophie stumbled across this cute set of a Disney outfits. She was about to scroll past, until Calum noticed the Winnie the Pooh outfit. The little shorts were a warm tone of brown, the sweatshirt was all grey but had the perfect splash of color for the lettering that said Winnie the Pooh, and the onesies itself was rainbow-striped. 

"Waaaait, wait," He whispered, trying to let Kai sleep. 

"What?" Sophie asked. 

"I like this one," Calum answered, "I loved Disney when I was little. I'd wear the Mouse Ears around and I really liked Tigger. Winnie the Pooh was one of my favorites growing up." 

"Really? I wouldn't have expected you to be a Disney lover," Sophie chuckled. 

"What can I say, I loved Disney and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I think anyone would agree with me, it was my favorite thing to do with my family other than do little singing competitions with my sister," Calum replied. 

"Oh, you have a sister? Who would win the singing competitions, you?" Sophie asked.