Chapter 7

One week later, Sophie got an official invite text from Calum. 

Calum: Tn at 10:00pm? My house - a bartender will be there! 

Sophie: Maybe. I'll lyk. 

Calum: Show up whenever, I'll look for ya

Sophie didn't respond. Instead, she went to sleep. At Calum's house, he greeted people at the door for a bit before he decided to run to the back to drink a few cocktails and smoke. By the end of Calum's joint, he had completely forgotten about his invite to Sophie. Instead, he was able to run around and have fun. Michael didn't go since he was worried that Crystal would have their baby any moment, Luke and Sierra couldn't go because it was a special date night for them, but Calum was able to have a blast with Ashton and their other friends. 

It wasn't until 3am that Calum was able to sober up. The joint hit him super hard, and for some reason more people just kept arriving to his house. Friends of friends heard word of the party and just flooded his living room. Seeing this, Calum looked around for Sophie for a little bit. 

Calum went into his room and looked around for any trace of her. However, there was nothing. He didn't even see a text on his phone declaring an arrival or departure to and from his house. He waited by his phone a bit, scrolled through Instagram and refreshed his texts every few minutes to see if his phone was working. However, there was no sign of Sophie. 

Calum went to the back to see the bar almost empty. The bartender had left ages ago, but there were a few handles left out. Quickly, Calum poured something for himself and joined his friends back in the living room. 

People phased in and out of his vision. At that point, he didn't really care about who was still there. Everyone seemed to be having a blast, and he noticed Ashton take out a bunch of shrooms with a few other people. Calum chose not to join in since it was so late, but instead opted in for another joint. After a few minutes when the joint hit, Calum decided to text Sophie. 

Calum: Hey! Did I miss u? I'm sry if I did

Calum noticed there was no response. Being too high to notice that it was because it was 3am, Calum decided to call. After many rings, there was still no pick up. 

Calum: Sry babe, let me make it up to you tmrw night

Calum: I'll make it worth ur while ;)

Calum decided that he should stop texting, and instead enjoy his time with everyone in his house. He drank a little more, danced around, and watched Ashton experience the high of a lifetime. 

The second it hit 5AM, Calum felt a wave of sleepiness. He was impressed that so many people had the stamina to stay at his house. Sitting on his couch, Calum watched everyone in the room. Everyone seemed to be laughing and having fun, Calum realized that this was definitely not the way to get Sophie's attention. A little more bummed out then before, Calum headed to bed. He laid there for a few seconds, staring at his phone waiting for any text back from Sophie before slowly passing out. 

In the morning (more like afternoon), Calum hadn't remembered a majority of what had happened the night before. Calum walked into the living room and saw a bunch of people sleeping there. He shrugged it off and went back to his room. He picked up his phone and looked through a bunch of notifications, a majority of it were from people texting him pictures of himself throughout the night. 

Calum went over to him and Sophie's texts and he saw the messages he had sent. Seeing how desperate he was, he understood why Sophie didn't even bother to text him in the morning. Calum took a shower in hopes that maybe Sophie would text him back, but by the time he was out and dressed there was still no response and more people in his living room were waking up.

As more people woke, Calum was able to kick them out. Calum made himself a coffee and stared longer at his texts. No response still. Calum then decided to make himself busy by working on some bass lines. Little did he know, Sophie was not planning to contact him ever again. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Sophie woke up in the morning. She saw every text and call from Calum. Frowning, she left it on read and got ready for work. After she had gotten ready and got in her car to go, she stared once more at the texts. A second later she found herself deleting Calum's contact from her phone. With a gigantic sigh, she began driving, listening to his music in the background as she drove. For someone she only had sex with a few times, she sure felt awful for ghosting him this way. However, she knew it was necessary.