Askeladd's smile went from ear to ear. I know that smile. Satisfaction. He is enjoying this. Him losing some of the crew because their bones are broken and they cannot go on, or some of them have died from drowning? It matters not to him.
What Askeladd wants, he gets. Even if everyone on the boats were down, it was not enough to stop us.

Because we have archers.

All they need is a signal.

I helped some of the men lift Bjorn's body out of the water. His pupils were starting to show again.
I wish we could just leave. Go far away, where Floki would not find us after learning that we failed to kill the man. Unfortunately, if I made that suggestion, I would be laughed at. Not only would I be stupid for suggesting that because of the kill, but also because of the payment.
All of my companions are bloodthirsty and gold hungry... among other things.

Bjorn started groaning, "What happened?"

I sighed, "Lie down, brother." I looked over to Askeladd, and up again at the archers. "It will be handled without—

The sound of snoring only made me angry. I looked down at my brother, rolled my eyes, and stood back up. The men standing beside Thors tried their best to look like they were ready to fight us. It was only an act. In reality, the little blond boy looked more prepared than them. Why did they bring a little child here? He looks no more than five years of age. Six, maybe.

Thors began looking around until he met eyes with Askeladd and pointed his sword at him. "You must be the one in charge." The raven haired man spoke. "In the name of the almighty Odin, I challenge you to a duel."

I gasped. "W-What did he say?"

Our fellows were whispering among themselves. "Challenge Askeladd?", "A duel with the boss?", "Is this man insane?" Even Askeladd's facial expression changed. From a smirk to a questionable expression.

"If you win, you can have whatever you want." Thors continued. "If I win, you and your men withdraw immediately. If you choose to decline, then you will be losing at least three times as many men. Only to gain twelve slaves as your prize."

Askeladd and I met eyes, then we both looked down at my brother. He was still asleep, now silently. Askeladd took a breath, "Can I ask you a question? What makes you think that I am their leader?"

With a straight face, the Troll of Jom responds, "Your scent." I am sure he expected seriousness in return, but Askeladd laughed. "Very impressive. Alright, then I will accept the duel. Askeladd, son of Olaf, swears to you in the name of Odin."

Askeladd began walking away from the rest of us. While the rest of the men thought that Thors was the insane one here, I know that it was Askeladd. The Master would never turn down a duel, it is not like him.

But I also know him well enough to know that he has tricks up his sleeve. Askeladd would not win this duel at all. As strong as he is, he could not handle Bjorn the way Thors just handled him.

No. I doubt he even cares about who the victor is.

That is what made him insane.

Thors' men moved towards the bow of his ship, now without others in his way, Askeladd jumped over. I sat down to feel if my brother still had a heartbeat. He did. I have actually never seen him so calm during a slumber. Maybe I did make those berserker mushrooms too strong.

"Ay' Dagomara," Torgrim began. "How much do you and Bjorn want to bet on this?"

"Silence," I demanded. "The duel is about to begin."

Besides, I would never make a bet with scum of a man like you anyways, Torgrim. That would be something Bjorn would do.

Askeladd pulled out his sword and threw the scabbard away. "I, as well, could smell the same scent off of you. The same sort of scent as mine. Expected from the Troll of Jom."