y/n: ...Right.

Raven: y/n, I made pancakes.

She gestures over towards a stack of dark-brown, circular disks piled on top of a plate next to the stovetop.

Raven: You want one?

y/n: Those aren't pancakes, Raven. They look like hockey pucks.

Raven: Just try them!

I throw away the banana peel and pick up a pancake, which has a plasticky texture to it for some reason. I doubtfully glance at Raven, who is expectantly waiting for me to take a bite as I lean over and whisper in Beast Boy's ear.

y/n: How bad are they?

Beast Boy: Dude, it's been five minutes and I still can't taste the Froot Loops.

I sigh and just decide to go ahead with it.

A bunch of scalding pancake batter seeps onto my tongue as I bite into the pancake with an oddly loud crunch. Tears start to form in my eyes as the batter burns the inside of my mouth, making my tastebuds scream in agony.

Raven: What do you think?

I pour myself a glass of water and drink it to try and offset some of the damage before wiping my mouth with the back of my hand.

y/n: I think... you should stick to making toast.

Raven crosses her arms and pouts at me like a spoiled little girl while Starfire tries to comfort her.

Starfire: I think your pancakes are the most delicious! They remind me of the incinerated Glorb roaches that I always loved when I was small.

Raven: Hmph.

y/n: Where's Cyborg?

Robin: He said he had to back up his saves. I think he's just trying to get out of grocery duty, to be honest.

Beast Boy: Wait, that's today?

Beast Boy straightens up in his seat, his eyes widening.

Robin: That's right. And you're coming with the rest of us.

Beast Boy: Agh, but... How come Cyborg gets to not go?

Robin: I'm letting him off because at least he's disciplined enough to remember what day it is.

Beast Boy: Ok, say less. Throwing me under the bus, eh? I'll remember this one, Cy.

Beast Boy crosses his arms and shrugs, speaking to nobody in particular.

y/n: Grocery duty?

Raven: It's about time we went shopping... we're out of pretty much everything.

Beast Boy: Yeah, why else do you think I'd willingly eat one of Raven's pancakes- Ow!

Supermarket | 9:12 AM

(Raven POV)

The supermarket is surprisingly full of life for 9 AM on a Tuesday. Sounds of the usual scuffling you'd find in a store fill the air as Beast Boy tosses a large bottle into the shopping cart next to me.

Robin: Gar, that's motor oil. I said we need vegetable oil.

Beast Boy takes a closer look at the bottle he just put in the cart.

Beast Boy: ...Geez, you're so picky.

He picks up the bottle from the cart again and walks back out of the aisle as Robin sighs and looks at me for help.