-10-

Notes:

Again, Sam and Cas scenes = taking place fairly recently in s10 (pre MoC removal).

--------------------------------------------

There's only one fairly recent disappearance. A girl named Destiny Sharonn was reported missing by her boyfriend. But it's more than what they had to go on before.

They also discover a list of older disappearances, the most recent before Destiny being ten months before and stretching back three years. The trail is too cold for the older ones to be alive, but Destiny's just been gone a week. There's hope left for her.

While on his computer, Sam tracks down a list of abandoned buildings in the area. There aren't any convenient (and frequently used) empty warehouses or factories or stores, but there are a large number of vacant houses that have been sitting for five or more years. And it's a small enough town that they can easily check them all in one night.

"All right, so we'll try the one on Elm first," Sam says, shutting his computer and picking up the hastily-scribbled list of addresses. "It's the closest."

"Should we split up?" Castiel asks, wishing he still had the ability to teleport anywhere on his own without having to rely on human inventions for transportation. "It would cut down our searching time."

Sam shakes his head, looping the strap of the carrying case around his shoulder. "Not necessarily. It'd probably even out the same—the time spent searching a house one on one versus two at a time." He pushes the door open and holds it for Castiel. "Better stick together. In case it's..."

"Something better dealt with by two people," Castiel nods.

On the way to House #1, they discuss possibilities. Demon? Rougarou? Good old fashioned ghost? Just about anything is possible, but luckily, they're prepared. Sam made sure they stocked the trunk up before they left, so whatever has Dean—even if it is something Castiel isn't able to smite—they'll take it down.