-6-

Notes: Takes place sometime in season 4.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"...All right. I'll call Cas," Dean shrugged. "See you in a bit, Sammy." If they could get rid of this thing with no casualties, it would be one more seal unbroken. But how was the tricky part...

He closed his phone and looked around. Nobody was within view on the street he was walking down, so he opened his mouth. "Cas? Cas!" There was no answer after a few seconds, so he figured he'd give it the full name just in case. Couldn't hurt, anyway. "Castiel! Come on, already!"

Still no answer for another minute. Finally, after calling him one last time, and the third time Dean looked around and turned back, there was a blonde woman standing there. "Yes?"

Dean blinked, taken aback. "What th—"

"You called me?"

"...C-Cas?" Dean stammered. "What's with the vessel? Where's Jimmy?"

"I don't know what you mean," the woman—Cas?—said. "I don't know who that is. Or who you are. Or how you know my name. But you sounded annoyingly insistent, so I got curious."

Dean's mouth fell open. "Y-you don't remember me? What—"

"I have not been on earth in a couple thousand years," chick-Cas sighed. His irritation and weariness read through as easily in the new vessel as they did in Jimmy's. "Well, here I am. What did you want?"

Somehow "we needed a little help with a cursed object and how to get rid of it without killing or cursing everyone in a five mile radius" didn't seem like something he could say anymore, when he'd inadvertently summoned someone who didn't know him, was annoyed by him, and clearly didn't want to be on this plane of existence.

And neither did he. Because now Dean was sure that he wasn't in his own world anymore. Question is, who was behind it? Gabriel? Another archangel? A djinn? Serious brain damage from an injury on a hunt? God? The Mark fucking his mind over more than he'd realized? A spell?

None of the above? Something else entirely?