-4-

Notes: Wait, watch your step, you're gonna— *cringe* ...fall into the Fanfiction Gap. *holds out hand* Want some help? (I.e., this takes place in 9x06.)

TW for alcohol, just in case.

———————————————————————-

Dean knew he was drunk when he started repeating things. And ohhh boy was he repeating things right now.

"I can't drink, Dean," Cas had said the first time Dean had offered. "But it'll make you feel better, and it's good," Dean swore, holding the bottle out. "Dean, I work in the morning, opening shift," Cas replied.

"Jus' tryyyy it," Dean begged a while later. Cas laughed, flipping through the channels to find a decent movie that hadn't started yet.

"I don' wanna be the on'y loser here drinking by himself," Dean pleaded later on. "Sorry, but unless you're planning on inviting anybody else over..." Cas teased, sipping at his own soda.

The fourth time, he'd gotten a bit more aggressive and sat down right next to Cas, leaning against the headboard and slinging an arm around him. "Try it," he said again, holding another bottle over. Cas shook his head and gently pushed it back. "It's 1 in the morning and I should probably get to sleep soon," he countered. "Just because you're drunk..."

"I'm not drunk," Dean protested. He set the bottle on the stand between the beds and stared at the movie they were watching.

Cas rolled his eyes. "You are, Dean."

"I'm not drunk unless I get huggy," Dean insisted. He realized where his arm was and laughed. "Oh. Wait." He squeezed Cas's shoulders. "Sorry," he added afterward, thinking maybe he shouldn't be so clingy.

"It's okay, Dean," Cas said, yawning. "But really, I do have work tomorrow, and—"

"We shoul' date," Dean cut him off as he pulled his arm away self-consciously. He wasn't sure how the words had come out. But whatever, fuck it. "No. I mean it. We should go ou'. Go on gross happy dates all th' time an' make Sam tease us an' have lotsa loud sex jus' to piss him offfff."

"Dean..."

Oh. Shit. Dean shifted away from Cas slightly, hearing the uncertainty in his tone. "I'm sorr'," he said. "That was t' mush... T' mushy," he added, almost wanting to giggle at the mix-up.

Cas lifted the corner of his mouth. "I'm not offended, Dean," he said. "I'm not interested in dating right now. Human, angel, whatever I am... I like your company, and maybe someday, but I feel I should get my life together first. I'm sorry."

"Sure, sure," Dean nodded, the motion a bobby jerk of his head more than a graceful nod. "Okay." He leaned over to the bottle he'd left on the table. "Okay."