"You're not allergic to anything else but lobster, right?" I ask just to be sure.

If she was, we would've known by now as I'm pretty sure dad went through all of her records but it doesn't hurt to be sure. Maybe she'll understand it as my effort to get to know her.

"No, I'm not." She chuckles before tossing the chips in her mouth.

"What're you two doing?" We turn to Rhyett who's stepping out of his new room next to Adeline's.

I'm so relieved he's here because I'm doing a terrible job at this bonding time. He apparently knows how to do it because our sister seems more comfortable with him than anyone else at home.

"We were just-" I stop mid sentence when I hear our eldest brother breaking his own rule and muttering a 'fuck' before rushing towards Adeline.

He gets to her in such rapid steps that I consider if there's been an attack on our home —one of the most safest place in the country.

The moment he's close to her, he shots up his hand in front of her mouth. "Spit it out!" He orders her to practically spit on his palm.

She stops chewing but doesn't make a move to take it out. She kept looking at him confused and slightly scared at the anger in his voice.

"Now!" He nearly shouts and she does as told. "Are you stupid? It's papaya chips. Did you even read the list I sent you two days ago? It had all the things that you should avoid." He scolds her taking out his napkin and cleaning the two half chewed up chips from his hand.

She just said she isn't even allergic to anything other than lobster then why would he react like that? He and dad are making random rules for her, restricting her from having pineapple and now papaya.

For God's sake we eat organic. What's the fucking matter with them? When did they become so controlling?

Her eyes widen as a panic set on her face. "I'm sorry, I didn't know. I thought it was potato... I didn't eat any-"

"What the fuck, man?" I yell in pure rage.

"Ewan." He warns now acknowledging my presence.

"What? You can't just go around doing whatever you want. She's as much as your sister as she is mine."

"You won't talk to me like that." He gritted through his teeth.

"Seriously? You still want me to behave when you literally thought I was about to poison her?" I've had anger issues since I was a kid and right now it's getting the best of me.

Rhyett exhales closing his eyes for a second and turns to Adeline who's standing there fearful at my outburst. "Go to your room."

She makes a move to turn around but I stand in her way. "Why should she leave?" I peel my eyes from our brother to Adeline. "I don't know what he tells you and why he would ever think that but I would never hurt you, brat."

My voice softens the slightest and I muster my most believable voice so she knows I'm telling the truth.

"He didn't say anything. He's just worried about me." I clench my jaw as she clearly chose him over me. "Actually I...."

"It's ok, Adeline, I'll handle-" She cuts him off.

"No! He thinks you don't trust him. I don't want you two to fight because of me." There's a slight wetness in her eyes and I can tell she's getting emotional now.

"We're not fighting-"

She turns to me and speaks, again cutting off the underboss of USA between his sentence. "Rhyett's worried because I'm pregnant."