014

"I love you

"I love you." Said Tom quietly, his hands were slightly in the air, holding onto isis' forearms gently so she wouldn't leave him.

Isis was clearly shocked. Her dark furry eyebrows were furrowed and her eyes were glossed over. The gentle wind from outside was flowing into the basement slowly and Isis' dark brown, recently blown out hair was blowing all over the place.

"Get out..." she said quietly. She took a small step back from Tom, his arms going back down to his sides after he just heard her.

"What?" He said confused, his was grabbing his jeans, the veins in his hands were showing.

"I entrusted you with what I did with Lexis and you told James. How could you?" Tom slowly walks closer, but Isis just backs away.

"Wait no- I promise I didn't mean to..." Tom says quietly. "Never mind- you aren't worth all the trouble.." he says even quieter, turning around and leaving the basement and running to the front door, where he slams it shut.

Isis can hear his tires screeching against the hard concrete, then everything went silent. Isis plopped on her black, velvety couch. She threw her head back and sighed loudly.
'Should I have been that rude?' She thought
'He deserved it?'
'No one deserves to be treated like that.'
'His punk ass can deal with it.'

A few more minutes later...

Isis hears the front door creak open and soft footsteps can be heard. She just runs upstairs and sees James with 2 pizza boxes in his hands.

"Thank you Jamey." Isis says quietly, getting out 2 white plates and places 2 slices of pizza on each one.

I immediately dig in, finishing the 2 slices in a few minutes, then James speaks.

"Have you talked to Tom, or bill? Or any of the guys recently?"

"No... I haven't. It's been a while to be honest." I lie.

"Okay. Well I had a job interview while you were asleep this morning." He says quietly, getting another slice and putting it on his plate.

"Really? Did it go well? And what job did you sign for?" Isis asks eagerly, her eyes lit up when he said that, if we were being honest, they had been living off of the will money, but they were running out so it was time to get a job.

"The dude said it went great and that I looked professional. I don't think you're gonna like the job very much though."

"What is it? What is it?!"
Isis sits up and looks up at James. Her elbows on the countertops and her head in her hands.

"It's something to do with traveling. A lot."

"Oh no." I say quietly, shaking my head aggressively.

"Freelance photographer. They get payed quite a lot since they have to travel all the time. I hope you understand, but I,like be home for Halloween, thanksgiving, winter, and summer. Other than that I'll be gone. I'm trusting you to be responsible." He says quietly, my eyebrows express a sad feeling and I look at him sadly, he just opens his arms and hugs me.