008

A week later..

ISIS SAT IN THE MIDDLE of the gym panting as lexis ran to her and picked her up bridal style

"What's up isis?" He asked sitting her down on a mat

"I'm so tired lexis."

"Do you wann-"

"Yes lexis!! I do want to be a racecar driver! I do! But I can't when all you say to motivate me is ask that stupid shit! Listen I love you so much for supporting me throughout this process and I know I'm so close but I can't continue showing up here at 4:30pm everyday and leave at like 12:00am everyday!! It's so tiring lexis!" Said isis tearing up.

"If you want to shorten that time and remove some days of the week that you train you can, isis. I don't want to force you."

"Well it feels like you are forcing me."

"I'm sorry it feels that way. You know, I felt exactly like how you felt when I was training."

"Yea right."

"No really, I felt hopeless even. Until I got to watch a real race. And when I got into that car with my coach for the first time, the adrenaline rush that it gave me, I immediately understood why I had to train so much."

"Mhm."

"Let's do this, weekends your free, meet me here every weekday at 5:30, and you leave at 10. That sound good?"

"11."

"Whatever you want."

"Deal."

"Deal. Go home."

"Drive me?"

"Come on. We'll stop for Chick-fil-A." Laughed lexis standing up.

"Okay."

Isis waved goodbye at lexis as she entered her house. She watched form the window as he drove away smiling. She ran upstairs all giddy. She felt something she hadn't since her parents had passed, when her and lexis ate together in his car laughing and smiling she felt butterfly's for some reason.

"Do I like him.." she blurted out, stopping in her tracks.

Isis widened her eyes as she closed her bedroom door and rushed into the bathroom, locking the door. She sighed thinking about it, how he cheered her up when she was angry while training, or even sad. She furrowed her eyebrows and sat down. Closing her eyes, giving up on her thoughts.

Isis woke up terrified as she hadn't remembered anything from the night before, obviously she hadn't, she barely got any sleep in the past 5 months. She quickly got up and took off her clothes, stepping into the shower.