"Clinic-" My father is adamant on not letting me speak today.

"Are you out of your mind? We haven't even told our men that I have a daughter and you're already out there carelessly announcing that she's pregnant at fourteen?”

If I wasn't who I am I would've shit my pants hearing the anger and madness in his voice right now. But who am I kidding, I'd be dead long before that for pissing him off.

"No one knows, dad. I called Valerie, she checked her."

That finally satisfies him and he leans against the wall next to the table, shutting his eyes and pressing the cold glass to his forehead.

Dad only trust a handful of people and Valerie's on the list too. He knows she'd never do anything to harm us or our reputation.

"Adeline told me some other stuff that she wanted you to know... She didn't want you getting any ideas." I wait for him to continue but he seems to be hesitating and I know I'm not gonna like what he's about to say. 'It isn't an accidental pregnancy... She was raped."

I stare at him like he's telling me the most sick and disgusting joke I've ever heard.

Before my heart could accept it, my brain processes and it dawns on me.

My little sister —one that I knew nothing of until nine days ago— is pregnant with a child that she conceived from a rape.

Despite having support from the table, I lose my balance when my knees buckle and I barely manage to stay standing.

"Who is he?" I ask breathing heavily.

I'm known for my calm. I never express emotions. Be it anger, love or sadness. But at this very moment I feel weak. And I don't care if I look it as well.

The person I was supposed to protect with my life has gone through something that I don't even wish for my enemies.

It has left something irreversible with her and I will never ever be able to completely detach her from the horrible event.

"She doesn't know. He was masked." I close my eyes trying to focus on what needs to be done now. "From her description it looks like the bastard's middle age man, scrawny form with blond hair.”

I nod. "Place and date?"

"27th September in a deserted street between her previous home and a small ramen shop round the corner."

I can't stop my mind from conjuring the image of Adeline screaming, crying and begging. That filth would be doing the same in no time. He'll curse the day he was born.

"I'll have him brought to the warehouse as soon as possible." I promise. "When are we telling the boys?"

"Not until we have this figured out ourselves." His chest heaved and I went closer to him.

"It's gonna be alright." I place a hand on his shoulder and my heart shatters seeing him so broken and lost.

He's always been strong as a Boss and a father. Ever since mom left, I knew he was suffering her loss but he never shared his despair with us.

He's always put his family and the Mafia before himself and his grief.

I've never seen him cry but I think today might be the day I do.

"It's all my fault." He slumps down to the floor and I crouch next to him. "If I hadn't given her up, she would've never had that happen to her." He shuts his eyes and inhale deeply.

"We can't change the past." I begin, "But she has us now. And she'll have us for the rest of our lives." I swallow the lump forming in my throat. "We'll go through this together."