𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖊𝖑 𝕯𝖔𝖊𝖘𝖓'𝖙 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖔 𝕶𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘

A pathological people pleaser

who only wanted you to see her

~Taylor swift~

𝕂𝕒𝕫 𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕜𝕜𝕖𝕣

AS WE WALKED THROUGH THE BARREL her heartbeat rang in my ears. The amount of comfort my mind took in her just being alive was absolutely and utterly terrifying; and now, she was gone. For some reason she'd let us go on without her, if only I'd been in my right mind I would have gotten us out, but now I had only one idea as to who took her, and it made my skin crawl.

"We are in the literal bottom of the Barrel," Jesper frowned. "And missing our only people person, who by the way could be in grave danger."

I clench my jaw, but didn't respond to the last half of his statement, "Stadwatch don't patrol down here. We're safer. Inej what did you find?"

She walked forward, scaring the sharpshooter beside me. "We've been accused of murdering Bruce Marlena."

"Who?" Jesper stopped in his tracks.

I cursed but only in my mind, "Evilynns old keeper."

"We didn't do that though!" Jesper exclaimed, them paused, "wait she didn't did she?"

Inej shrugged, "speaking of, where is she?"

Jesper pinched the bridge of his nose, "she was taken by the stadwatch..." he looked at me, "don't tell me..."

I tighten my grip on my cane, her heartbeat running through my mind again, "they brought her to Pekka Rollins. And he framed us for the murder, likelihood is Marlena didn't want to give up the club, and so Pekka killed him and blamed us for it."

"So..." Jesper looked at me, "Pekka Rollins owns the club, all our allies, and Evilynn?"

I nodded, a grim expression forced down my already sunken face.

Inej looked at me, "Kaz, she trusted you." The look on her face wasn't particularly angry, not at me anyway, but I don't think Evilynn truly realized what she meant to the group, what she meant to me.

"We'll get her back." I stared forward, not meeting either of their stares.

"Kaz, we don't even know if she's alive." She spoke quietly.

My nerves pinched and a nauseating stress rolled over us, "she's alive, he wouldn't throw away a chance to destroy me personally." 

Jesper scoffed, "well, I'd never thought I'd miss the fold."

"Spread out, look for a heartrender or any talk of Pekka and or Rabbit, we'll reconvene in two bells at the end of Rozenstraat, look for a workshop around the back." I walked away before either of them could get a word in.

I needed to find her, I needed to know she was alive. She was smart, very quick witted, she'd also proven very, very, loyal. I didn't need to worry about her giving up any information, but that almost worried me more. What was Pekka planning, and what was he going to do to her.

𝔼𝕧𝕚𝕝𝕪𝕟𝕟 ℙ𝕚𝕖𝕤𝕥

I was fighting to keep my eyes open now. The pain I felt made me wish desperately to return to the golden whip of the circus, to turn back time and accept my life was going to be that of a nameless performer. But of course I wanted more, I'd always craved more, for more recognition, for revenge. My dress had been torn, leaving only a ripped corset and a thin layer of skirt covering me.