15: Honest.

As much as Youra tried to convince Renjun about how nice Jeno turned out to be last night, the boy couldn't quite believe it - exactly how she thought it'd go

As much as Youra tried to convince Renjun about how nice Jeno turned out to be last night, the boy couldn't quite believe it - exactly how she thought it'd go. They downed beer after beer, reminiscing about this and that, when Youra suddenly remembered something she'd been wanting to ask her roommate for quite some time.

After slamming the beer can onto the table in their living room, she wiped her mouth before grabbing Renjun's hand. The boy looked at her with drunken eyes and a chuckle escaped his lips as his roommate's face was already all blurry for him from the alcohol he consumed.

"At the party, Youngseo said something to you, remember?" Youra finally let the words out.

Renjun sighed, throwing his fists in the air, punching an imaginary image of the mentioned boy. "I hate that motherfucker."

The girl chuckled upon seeing his little outburst, but continued on with the subject. "Can you tell me what it was all about? What happened between you two?"

The wasted boy sighed again, taking few sips of his beer and throwing the finished can onto the floor, without a care. "Fine, I'd tell you eventually anyways."

Youra's eyes suddenly widened as the curiosity got the best of her.

"It was a year ago, at a party. I used to have a huge crush on a girl that was pretty popular and she's not going here anymore, by the way. I was also new to uni and thought that Youngseo was sort of a friend of mine, at least he knew how to act like one. So, he hyped me up to go talk to her at the party, and since I was drunk enough to have the courage, I did it. We talked and she really seemed to like me, we clicked." he paused to take a sip of another beer. "Then, we went to one of the bedrooms, to talk, you know? It was quieter there and we could talk more comfortably. It was going great until after some time, Youngseo burst through the door, scaring us both. It turned out that he wasn't my friend and just played me because I was a complete outsider. He told the girl that him and I bet how long it'll take me to get her to bed, so she slapped me in the face and stormed out." he chuckled with tears in his drunken eyes while Youra's also watered. "Then, for a spectacular ending, I punched him out of anger and he punched me twice as hard. Actually, no, he didn't just punch me, he beat me up pretty badly." he forced a smile upon feeling Youra's strong grip as she now held his hand. "And the girl never wanted to listen to my explanation, for which I don't even blame her. Then, she transferred to a different uni and I never saw her again. So, that's the story."

The girl's cheeks were completely wet from the tears that rolled down them uncontrollably. She quickly slid over, wrapping her arms around Renjun who definitely appreciated the gesture as he squeezed her harder as well.

"I'm so sorry it happened to you. Youngseo is a fucking jerk."

"Yeah, sadly you got to find out on your own already, too." he patted her back.

"Let's kick his ass, shall we?" she wiped her face, looking at her roommate with still teary eyes.

Renjun burst out laughing, gently wiping her cheeks with his sleeve. "Let's leave that to others, I hope that one day there'll be someone that puts him to place."