04: Alone.

The night was cold and windy - a mixture Jeno hated the most, but weirdly didn't mind that time

The night was cold and windy - a mixture Jeno hated the most, but weirdly didn't mind that time. He sat on the beach, shivering from the unpleasant weather as he took a drag after drag of his cigarette. With his eyes locked on the waves far ahead, his mind was running with thoughts he didn't want to have.

All the memories of him, Youngseo and Siwon displayed before his eyes like fragments of a film - how they were inseparable ever since they were kids who didn't have to care about anything other than just having fun together on daily basis. He considered them both as a part of his family, which was why he hated himself for wanting to get away from them and never come back.

The way the other two acted nowadays didn't sit right with Jeno. With every day, he noticed how much he didn't fit in with them anymore, how different from them he had become. But of course, only he knew that, because he kept it deep inside him. Bottling up emotions was something Jeno had learnt to perfection, yet pretending that everything was fine started to be much harder than ever before.

The new girl suddenly popped up in his head, making him scoff as he remembered how much trouble she had already caused within one day. At first, he found it enjoyable how she managed to stand up for herself to Siwon and give Youngseo a taste of his own medicine, but as much as it was fun to watch at that moment, Jeno felt an intense urge to protect his best friends at all costs. That's why he hoped no more drama would've happened after he gently told the new girl to stay away, but of course Youngseo had to ruin everything. Then again, Jeno didn't try to tell the boy off as he went to tease Youra, but what he did was way out of control.

Jeno pursed his lips together at the thought of the boy burning Youra's arm with a cigarette. "Stupid idiot." he mumbled, shaking his head. His best friend took it way too far - even if it was an accident - and Jeno simply couldn't handle it anymore.

After trying to enjoy his alone time on the beach, he checked his phone. The screen showed almost 4am, making him sigh. He then yawed and stood up from the sand, taking one more glance at the waves and sky that was already brightening up a little, before he walked back to his motorcycle, ready to get back home.

The ride wasn't too pleasant due to the tiredness Jeno suddenly began to feel, but with a lot of focus, he managed to get back home just fine.

As soon as he walked inside his apartment, he threw his leather jacket onto the hanger - missing, but not caring at all. He left it on the floor, too tired to bother, and made his way to grab some water.

He flinched as soon as he noticed a person standing in the kitchen.

"Where have you been?!"

Jeno breathed heavily for a second as he stared at the girl. "What the fuck, you scared the hell out of me, Siwon."

The girl's eyes were glued to the boy who acted unbothered, grabbing water from the fridge, as if he didn't know she'd worry sick.

"What are you doing here? I didn't say you can stay over tonight." he took a sip of his ice cold water, staring at his girl best friend with a blank face.