01: Intrigued.

New year, new town, new Youra

New year, new town, new Youra. First year of college in Busan was ahead of the girl who had just moved there about a week ago. Luckily, she managed to find a small apartment that she shared with a roommate who wasn't a douche. It was weird to get used to living with a guy at first, but Renjun seemed like an exception when it came to cleaning the house and keeping everything neat - unlike other guys she knew before. He wasn't exactly a boy who'd jump into Youra's arms as soon as she moved in, he rather kept a distance at first. It was obvious he wasn't looking for a best friend, which the girl accepted. But, the more they passed each other at the house, the more Renjun began to ask questions and open up himself too, which led to a good start of a friendship. When it turned out he was going to the same college, just a year higher, Youra felt relieved that there would be someone she could count on if she needed to.

First days are always the hardest, no matter what there is you need to do. If it wasn't for Renjun standing right beside her as she stared at the huge building in front of them, she'd definitely be more anxious than she was.

"Come on, you ready?" he asked, nudging her arm.

Youra nodded while smiling from ear to ear, and just as they were about to proceed, a loud yet slightly satisfying sound caught her attention. She turned around to the noise coming from further behind her and squinted, trying to see more clearly.

Renjun turned around as well, but he didn't seem impressed at all. A sigh escaped his lips before he blurred out "that's someone you'd rather avoid."

"Really? Why?" she asked while keeping her eyes on the group of friends gathered around a guy on a motorcycle. Intrigued, she couldn't take her eyes off the little squad as well as the beautiful machine one of them seemed to owe.

Another sigh left Renjun's lips as he crossed his arms. "That's Youngseo and Siwon, and the guy on the bike is Jeno, their so called leader." he scoffed, proceeding. "We call them The Wolf Pack because they never leave each other's side and, well, they're just a bunch of rich and stupid kids, thinking they own the whole world just because their parents earn millions." he sighed again while Youra now looked at him, listening carefully. "But maybe they're right, maybe that's really all it takes." he patted the girl's shoulder and turned on his heel. "Come on, you don't want to be late on your first day, do you?"

The girl nodded but her eyes diverted to the direction of the intriguing, three-person group that seemed to intimidate the whole campus. As she stared with her brows slightly furrowed, she saw the girl whose name was apparently Siwon, hanging herself on their "leader" Jeno, who immediately wrapped his arm around her tiny waist. Youra watched as the boy smiled at the pretty girl before putting a cigarette in between his lips. Once he lit it up, he picked his head up and just like that, his and Youra's eyes met.

She gulped and quickly turned away with her whole body, rushing towards her roommate who was already far ahead.

Jeno furrowed his brows while following the stranger girl with his eyes as she eventually disappeared in the distance. He swore he's never seen her before, he knew everybody.