Chapter 5 (Finale)

Sam was gone. Totally gone. Kath actually got rid of her for good. But Kath wasn't remotely happy about that.

In all honesty Kath thought she'd meet her again. Maybe their path would cross soon somewhere like before and they'll talk and they'll give them another go.. A proper chance this time. A proper opportunity to be be something romantic perhaps!

But it was quite opposite what had been happening before. Before they would bump up to each other almost everywhere and now... Hah!

At first Kath waited, waited for them to clash again somewhere, anywhere would have been fine! She kept looking around just to see a glimpse of the brunette. Just a simple glimpse and Kath was prepared to catch up with her. She waited! Even after her shift ended, she waited a bit longer at the parking lot hoping if she would be near somehow. But fate was nowhere at her side and that didn't seemed to happen!

After waiting for a week or two she decided to take things in her hand. Leaving all her resistance behind, Kath finally tried to contact her on her cell, waiting patiently for the familiar voice to call out, "Hey Doc."
But she was surprised when her number was unavailable. It didn't connect. Kath kept trying repeatedly but everytime that same old lady would say that number wasn't available..

She tried to look for her on social media. Kath herself was not so active on online, but she had to find her. She search for Sam in every social media platform. There were hundreds and thousands of Sams there on online but none of the Sam was hers.

Kath even tried to go to some places Sam took her, hoping that she would find her somewhere there.. "Just for once , show up with you stupid smile somewhere, Sam! Please?" She sent a silent prayer to the universe.. Kath went to the library cafe, also to the pub in search of her but to no avail. She was nowhere.

Even Irin tried to help Kath. But she failed too due to lack of information,

"You didn't even know where she lived ?" Irin asked her,

"We used to be so busy doing stuff that we never talked about other stuff!" Kath said, being dejected..

They never got to know about more personal things. Sam never asked her all those nor informed her about her whereabouts. Only if Kath knew!

Kath shoulders slumped, she was tired and she felt like crying. She should have done something that night! But Kath didn't because she simply couldn't!

Irin understood Kath's situation. She came closer and hugged her earnestly, "You'll find her, I believe in it. You'll definitely find her, I promise!! " Kath wanted believe what Irin believed in, 'Kath will find Sam.'

But the truth was, Sam had just disappeared completely, from Kath's life. Not even a single trace of her was left. She fleet just like the night they met.. but this time Kath didn't have anything to blame her. She didn't disappear uninformed!

'Disappointed and Sad' Kath finally figured out what she felt that night and what she'd been feeling all these days, all along. She never gave a much thought before, when she agreed on 10 days; that after the end of those days she'd be so damn sad and hurt and so so disappointed.

"you give me your 10 days and after the end of those days, as a compensation I will never bother you again. You'll get rid of me for good" Sam's voice repeated in Kath's mind,

"10 days Doc. That's all I ask. I will never ask for any more days, not even one. That's a promise." She said that day and She actually kept her promise.

Kath hoped she didn't keep her promise. Kath hoped that she'd have stayed! But without a single word Sam respected Kath's all condition. She never broke one. So she didn't break the primary condition of their little agreements.