Foreshadow

With a soft smile on face, Kath tried to look at the person beside her, but the said person wasn't there. She hurriedly looked back and found the person a few feet away , leaning against her car, watching Her intently. She didn't follow Kath to her door, like always.

Watching Kath stop in her tracks, She smiled but something about her smile was different today, Kath could feel that. But she couldn't exactly place what it was!

The person started her way towards Kath. Watching her come closer Kath helds her breath. It was time for her goodbye kiss, perhaps. She had always kissed Kath when she dropped her off.. No! Not on the lips, but a very chaste kiss on Kath's cheek.. It was one of her only demands. First Kath was very opposed to the idea but after 3 or 4 days she got used to it. Kinda, not minding it too..

She stopped in front of Kath, but instead of kissing her cheek, she took her hands and left a soft kiss on her knuckles. She then holds Kath's hand on her chest, directly on her heart. Kath could feel her heartbeat. It was erratic.

She sighed, that different smile was still dancing on her face, “So, guess this is it Doc. The final day..!”

Kath blinks. For whatever she was thinking this was the last thing she'd expected her to say.

“Oh!” is all Kath could muster up….