Chapter 3

The dates ...

Day-1

“You're looking beautiful !”

“Huh?” Kath asked dumbfoundedly.

Beautiful? She didn't even put the minimal effort on herself for the date as Irin had pointed out.

When Irin saw her like that , she literally asked her not to be a spoilt sport. Also she told her that Kath was doing nothing on purpose. Her friend wasn't completely wrong. Kath did put no effort. She advised her to at least try to look a little cheerful and put on some makeup. But Kath simply stated,  ‘I don't care, I just wanna get over with this.’ which Irin responded with ‘Girl you're impossible! At least put some lipstick on!!’ Irins then tossed a lipstick aiming at her head. Kath groaned.

It was a relatively hectic day in the hospital and Kath was tired from her shift. All she wanted to do was to go home and lie down with a coffee and a good book. But it was also necessary for her to get over with these dates. God! It even started yet and she already can't wait for this to be over.

“I said you look beautiful!” Sam repeated her previous words.

“I literally came bare-faced!” Kath argued

“That doesn't make my statement any less true. You are gorgeous. Are you tired?”

“A little bit , yeah!”

“Umm.” She scratched the back of her neck.  “You wanna postpone if you're tired?” That seems like a great idea. But the earlier she can check this dates out the earlier she’ll get rid of them, once and forever.

“Nah, I think I can tolerate you for a few hours!”

Sam only chuckled on Kaths remark. “Okay then. Let's go!”

She opened the passenger side door for Kath, and closed it after she entered the car..

Kath had absolutely no idea where Sam was taking her. But she thought it would be a typical first date location. Some typical dinner at a typical restaurants or something similar.

But Her heart filled with excitement and joy when they reached their destination.

It was a library cafe or bookstore cafe. A heavenly place for nerds. The interior was beautiful and extremely cozy designed to make one feel comfortable. The whole place was surrounded by books and there were tables to sit,  in addition to coffee and food.

“I think it was a hectic day in the hospital , so I guess this place will soothe you!” She said pulling the chair for Kath..

“How do you know it was hectic in the hospital today? You live there?” Kath asked playfully, she was in a fine mood.