Chapter 2

“Ring ring another delivery!” Irin said, bringing the package in front of Kath.. Kath frowned, she wasn't expecting anything today given the fact that Sam didn't mess up anything in the last few days..

It all started the day after their encounter on the rooftop. The next day on her break Kath found a coffee on her desk  with a hand written note saying,

“Sorry for the spill and also your jacket.. If you ever consider my offer of coffee in person. Text me.”

There was a number written on the back of the note. Kath was content with the coffee only. Even though it wasn't Sam's fault entirely, she took the initiative to deliver a coffee for her which was nice but not nice enough to text her. So Kath didn't bother to save her number.

At first, she thought maybe their story would end there but destiny had some other plans. Because after that they'd met frequently and several times. It was like she was always around and their path was meant to be crossed,  sometimes at the parking lots, sometimes at the cafés, sometimes at the shopping malls. She'd been everywhere.

So much that sometimes it made Kath think that it might have been better if she remained disappeared. And somehow whenever they would meet, something would happen or Sam would do something peculiar or odd or something messed up which would eventually ruin Kath's mood and she had to end up leaving the place, being utterly annoyed. And the very next day something would appear for Kath on her desk, with a note,mostly saying Sorry.

All handwritten notes which were stacked in Kath's drawer. Kath had become familiar with her style of writing..

Kath wouldn't admit but she has a favorite out of all the presents she got. Who would not like to receive presents! One of Kath's personal favorite was a package of books of various genres but mostly mysteries. Her note said,

“I definitely will try to learn about when to shut up, I'm really Sorry :⁠-⁠( ”

Kath remembered clearly that..

She was in the cafe all by her own; engrossed in a book which she'd been trying to finish for a long time, when she met Sam again. Kath had been accustomed with her sudden appearance and disappearance by now. Sam did her small talk as usual and stopped talking when she realized she wouldn’t  get any response from Kath.

She sat silently and observed Kath for a moment and then out of nowhere,  “Oh you're reading this book, Beth dies in the end!”

Kath's eyes widened and Sam covered her mouth with her own hand realizing that she had spoiled the ending for Kath. …

Kath became so furious that time that if she hadn't walked out of the cafe she might have done something illegal… like a murder.

But the books she received tamed her annoyance of course..! Most of the books were in her wishlist. She was just so busy to go out and brought them.

____

“Ahem..!!” it was Irin who cleared her throat, breaking Kath from her train of thoughts. “So what did she do now?”

Irin already knew about everything and the frequently delivered packages had caught the attention of her colleagues as well. They all gave her a knowing look whenever a package came along like she's been receiving all those from a lover. Kath rolled her eyes on that. Kath was not one of them who liked attention!

“Umm.. fortunately nothing yet except for her usual nagging! I wasn't expecting any deliveries today”

Kath took her eyes off the package that Irin brought and looked in front of her, where Chad also was passing by at the same moment. Their eyes met and he hurried past her. He was desperately avoiding any kind of interaction with Kath after that incident. Thankfully!