Chapter 6: Ruka-sama? Part: 2

Akuma POV

It had been a couple of days since Ruka-sama ate dinner with us. Unfortunately, her health didn't allow her to even leave her bed anymore.

Ruka-sama will be alright. She's strong. Right? Right?

I headed to her room as usual to bring her some medicine.

"Ruka-sama, your medicine." I said.

"Oh, why thank you,"

I nodded. "Has your headache reduced?"

"A little"

It was then silent, as Ruka-sama drank her medicine. I just stood there, unsure if I should stay or leave.

"Akuma?" She asked.

"Y-yes?"

"You haven't been meeting Hiroto for a while. What's wrong?"

"Well, I have to stay here to help you, but it's not an issue, our training isn't as important as this." I lied.

No, the truth is I don't want anything bad to happen to you while I'm away.

"Hmm," Ruka-sama smiled a little. "Well, I want you to meet him again."

I looked at her in confusion.

"You two have a wonderful friendship, a wonderful bond. It would be bad if you two stopped meeting each other." She continued.

I gulped and looked at her. "S-so, what should I do?"

"Well, there will be a festival in the city next week, there will be a lot of games. You two should check it out." Her eyes lit up a bit. "In fact, you should take Obanai, Kyojuro, and Senjuro as well."

"And you?"

She closed her eyes and smiled at me, "We both know I can't attend. But I want you all to enjoy."

I looked down for a moment before jumping up and giving her a big grin.

"I'll try that!" I exclaimed.

She chuckled. "Well, I'm glad."

(Timeskip- a couple days)

I was walking towards Hiroto's house, unsure if he was even there or not. I had left quickly that day, not even giving him an explanation.

Will he be mad at me? He hasn't come to my house like usual. He is mad, right? Either way, I have to meet him to apologize. Dammit, I'm a horrible friend.

I knocked at his door, feeling the wood vibrate at my touch.

No answer.

I knocked again. This time, I was a little shakey.

No answer again.

I took a deep breath in and slid open the door. It was empty.

"Hiroto?" I called out.

Suddenly, the door slid shut behind me with a slam, which caused me to jump. My eyes darted around the dark closed house as beads of sweat formed on my forehead.

Shit shit shit, what going on?! Where is Hiroto?

"No, calm down, Akuma." I mumbled to myself. "There is a perfectly good explanation as to what's going on."

Taking a deep breath in, I closed my eyes. I thought back to my training, how I trained to notice the auras of people around me.

Sense it, it's there, just sense it...

I shot a glare to my right as I felt something there, I quickly pulled out my black knife and pointed it at the figure.

"Who are you? Show yourself!" I shouted, trying not to be scared.