Chapter 2: The Escape

(Tw: gore)

Obanai POV

I woke up a bit earlier than Aku. She was shaking in her sleep, so I decided to calm her down... I started to pet her head a bit, hoping it would help her.

"No, no, no, no, I- I won't kill, I'll never!" I heard her mumble in her sleep.

How long is she going to have these horrible nightmares? What the hell do they make her do?

She started to shake more, so I woke her up.

"O- Onii-chan, why are you awake?" she said, rubbing her eyes.

"Were you having nightmares again?" I asked, completely ignoring her question.

She just nodded in response.
While I was just looking around, I saw something slither in the corner of the cage. It seems like Aku noticed it, too, because she immediately walked over to it and picked it up. I looked closer and saw a SNAKE!

What the heck, a snake!

I was going to kick it out of the cage, but it just slithered over and curled up in my hand. It was beautiful... it had white shiny scales and ruby like red eyes.

"Isn't he pretty?" Aku asked

I just nodded in response.

"Kabaramaru," I said

"Huh?"

"We'll name him Kabaramaru."

Aku's eyes lit up at that. She nodded and started to giggle.

Over the next couple of days, Aku and I spent time with Kabaramaru. He was a very intelligent snake... he liked to spend time with me more, but he would sit in Aku's lap more than mine.

Akuma POV

I looked over at Onii-chan, even under the mask he was smiling.

I'll find a way to get us out of here, I promise.

(Timeskip- 2 weeks later)

I saw a lady walk over to bring us some food. I started staring, but not at the food. I was staring at a shiny thing in her pocket. When she placed the food inside the cage, I quickly snatched the shiny piece, which turned out to be a hairpin, I smirked.

Finally! I knew these pickpocketing skills would come in handy.

I showed the hairpin to Onii-chan, but he didn't look as excited.

"I know what you're thinking, Aku, but it's too dangerous. Besides, a hairpin won't be able to cut brick." He said in a monotone voice.

I just nodded in response. Kabaramaru slowly slithered up my hand and rested on my shoulder, I just sighed and weakly smiled at him.
Suddenly, I remembered something.

"Onii-chan, I need to replace your bandages." I exclaimed.

He visibly pouted but walked over and started to undo his bandage mask. I looked at it.

My eyes lit up as I said, "You don't need the bandage anymore Onii-chan. The wound is all healed. You just have a small scar.

I held his hand and looked at him, expecting him to smile, but instead, he looked sad.

He touched his scar and whispered, " Can you please cover it?"

"Why?" I asked, tilting my head.

"Just do it, please." His voice was a bit shaky.

I nodded and applied new bandages. He just smiled in return.

Is he insecure about them? Well, I shouldn't ask him right now... I'll ask him later.