Chapter 5: Ruka-sama? Part:1

Akuma POV

"Akuma!" I heard someone shout. I quickly turned around and tried to figure out where the voice was coming from. "Akuma!" I heard it again.

Ruka-sama!

I quickly turned around and rushed to her room. She had been having a fever recently, but she's been recovering. I had volunteered to help her because the others were already caught up with training. Of course,secretly training with Hiroto did not make it any easier.

"My apologies, Ruka-sama." I said while bowing down.

Her stern face melted into a smile as she motioned for me to go towards her.

"Akuma... please come here and sit, I have something to tell you, " she said in her angelic voice.

As I sat down next to her, she handed me a small something wrapped in a red cloth. I tilted my head in confusion.

"Akuma... I know about you secretly training with Hiroto." She said with a small smile.

I gulped, I didn't want to lie to her, but I didn't want to worry her.

"Um w-well you se-" I stared.

"It's alright, Akuma, I understand that you want to be a demon slayer, and I support you." She said reassuringly. "In fact, that's why I called you here. Open the cloth, please."

I gently unfolded the silky cloth, I shivered as I felt the touch of something metal underneath. I looked at the piece of metal and immediately recognized it as a butterfly knife. I gasped and looked at her, my eyes glittering with curiosity.

Ruka-sama looked at me with a smile and said, "I know I shouldn't be giving a child a knife, but you're no normal child. I also think it will be useful in your training."

I caressed the cool black metal and nodded at her with a smile.

"Thank you! I'll cherish it forever!" I exclaimed.

She laughed at that statement.

Waving her hands, she said, "Well, you don't need to cherish it that much. It's just a small token of gratitude."

"Gratitude?"

"Yes, just to thank you for taking care of me for this time, and also, for being like a daughter to me.

I just nodded and smiled.

"I'm also thankful for having a wonderful mother figure," I said, smiling with gratitude.

She smiled and then looked behind me, and her her eyes lit up once again.

"Welcome back," she said.

I turned around to see Shinjuro-san, Onii-chan, and Kyojuro. Shinjuro-san walked up to Ruka-sama and felt her forehead.

He let out a sigh and mumbled, "You're still as warm as before."

I glanced at Kyojuro, who was looking straight at his mother, concerend. I then motioned for my brother to walk with me, and we left.

"Why are we out here?" He asked, confused.

I just shrugged and looked at him.

"I saw Kyojuro," I responded.

"And?"

"He looked scared... more scared than usual." I shivered at the thought. "I-I just don't want anything bad to happen, not any more."

"Aku, don't talk like that... please." He responded.

I stared at him.

"She gave me a gift... like a really fancy gift." I said, my voice still shakey. "She told me that it was a token of gratitude, but I know it's not that."