Part 12 KATHRYN'S APARTMENT - NIGHT

After several therapy sessions, KATHRYN appears more at ease, and the atmosphere in the apartment is lighter. However, a shadow of doubt lingers as she notices DANIEL engrossed in his phone.

KATHRYN: (curious) Daniel, who are you texting?

DANIEL: (hesitant) Oh, just a colleague. Work stuff.

An uneasy feeling settles in as Kathryn recalls the past rumors and accusations.

KATHRYN: (calmly) Daniel, we've been through a lot. Can you be honest with me?

DANIEL: (nervous) It's really just work, Kath. I promise.

Kathryn takes a deep breath, trying to trust the progress they've made.

KATHRYN: (smiling) Okay, I trust you. Just keep me in the loop, alright?

DANIEL: (relieved) Of course, Kath. I don't want anything to jeopardize us.

Days go by, and Kathryn notices Daniel's increasing involvement with the unnamed colleague.

KATHRYN: (concerned) Daniel, you've been spending a lot of time texting her. What's going on?

DANIEL: (defensive) It's just work, Kath. We're collaborating on a project.

However, the doubt creeps back into Kathryn's mind, triggering old anxieties.

KATHRYN: (vulnerable) I thought we were past this, Daniel. I can't go through it all over again.

DANIEL: (apologetic) Kath, I swear it's just work. But I understand. I'll be more mindful.

Despite the reassurances, Kathryn can't shake the nagging feeling. One day, she decides to address it directly.

KATHRYN: Daniel, can we talk about your relationship with this colleague? It's affecting my peace of mind.

DANIEL: (sighs) Kath, I didn't want to worry you, but she's going through a tough time. I've been offering support as a friend.

Kathryn feels a mix of relief and frustration, trying to balance her emotions.

KATHRYN: (softly) Daniel, I appreciate your honesty. But let's make sure our communication remains open. It's the only way we'll get through this.

They sit in a fragile moment, aware that rebuilding trust is an ongoing process.

As the days unfold, Kathryn and Daniel navigate the complexities of their relationship, hoping that open communication and understanding will guide them through the challenges ahead.