Chapter 10

Jay paced helplessly as he looked at Zanes body.

"He's not dead Jay." Cole spoke softly.

"How do you know? Is he breathing? I don't think he is?" Jay growled baring his claws.

"Easy." Krux warned. "If it hasn't entered your system yet, the antivenom could be rendered useless by this heightened emotion."

Jay looked toward the man with slit pupils. "You don't think I'm trying? These idiots aren't exactly helping me." He shouted.

Acronix stood quickly and grabbed Jay's shoulders. "Look at me." He spoke in a soft stern tone.

Jay looked into his eyes.

"A static shock like that isn't nearly strong enough to kill anyone."

"Then what happened? Why'd he scream like that? What did I do to my friend?" Jay's lip quivered.

"I cannot say." Acronix glanced at the boy on the floor.

Krux walked over and took the boys pulse. Unable to find one he rolled the kid over and placed an ear to his chest.

He quickly drew his head up after hearing the strange noise coming from Zanes chest.

Krux slowly undid Zanes robe belt and flipped the gi outward revealing the boys torso.

Krux felt around a bit, hoping for any kind of pulse. He didn't find one. Instead there was something else.

"That's odd." He whispered to himself, not so quietly.

"What's odd?" Acronix asked.

Krux felt around the area. "Come here."

Acronix did as his brother asked and knelt beside Zane.

"Feel around here."

Acronix ran his fingers around the top of Zanes chest. There was a dip where a dip shouldn't be.

"That is odd." Acronix, giving in to his curiosity, pushed inward. There was a soft click and he quickly withdrew his hand.

Both brothers watched as a cavity opened.

They looked up and locked eyes.

"Odd." Acronix breathed.

"Odd, indeed." Krux confirmed with a nod.

The five teens stepped forward to see what was so odd about Zane.

Acronix traced his fingers down an odd looking patch of skin, there was a line, very subtle, but it was there.

He slid his nails under the section and pulled upward. A hatch opened to reveal a symbol and mechanical wiring.

Krux shuddered.

Acronix took another glance at the symbol running his fingers over it. "Julien."

"The guy who made murder robots?" Kai put his hands to his head.

"Surely it can't be." Krux hesitated. "This kid is harmless. He wouldn't hurt a fly. He'd catch it and release it before killing it even became an option. I've seen it with my own eyes."

"So you're sure when he wakes, he won't decimate us?" Acronix looked up.

"I, can't say." Krux lightly chuckled as he stood, not in a funny haha way, but in a were possibly doomed and I'm laughing because I'm actually terrified of what might happen way.

Acronix looked over the wires and switches in Zanes stomach cavity.

"Is he okay?" Jay asked quickly.

"I think so." This reminded Acronix of old machines from back in his day. He flipped a few switches and pressed a button.