Volume 2: Two Years Ago Part III

Stepping down from the steel plated stairs, a girl, donned in a lab coat, passed by the pristine white walls of the underground laboratory. As she was heading down, the walls were adorned by various mechanical equipments as well as covered by complex wirings.

One could even see such pattern extend even further towards the depths of this large underground laboratory.

However, with each step, her hand remained firm from the sling of her bag, while scanning through the area in search for the one that called her.

When she nears the intersection of shelves containing various research papers, her footsteps were taken notice by an entity whose robotic made from Chromium steel.

He acknowledged her presence as he stopped moving his gloved robotic fingers on the keyboard.

Turning his head to make eye contact, he stated, "You're finally here."

With his monotone robotic voice that showed little interest towards the girl, the girl then dropped her bag onto her work table returning the same sentiment.

"I came since you told me there was an important breakthrough that could speedup this project. Care to tell me what it is?"

Although the air between them is cold, his apathetic orange glowing eye gazed over the bag's contents before dismissing her question with a, "You'll find out soon," not wanting to reveal the idea just yet.

Ignoring the girl's narrowing gaze, he went back analyzing the contents of the monitor and ordered, "Pass me the ones pertaining to the base, you'll work on the key."

Feeling a little irritated for his lack of transparency, she calmed herself down as she didn't come here to argue. So she simply just sighed as she told him, "...Fine." and left the blueprints on his desk.

Since she's here already, she decided to continue where she left on with their project. But when she was about to head out, the man reminded her, "The materials are already prepared near the Crafting Chamber, so do what you need."

Without sparing him a glance, she only gave him a simple, "Okay," before going on her way.

...

As she went towards the testing area, her eyes landed on the blueprint she prepared for today.

'Since this was the only time he asked me for help, this was the least I could do after all he things had done for us.' the girl thought.

When she arrived, there it was. A small metallic orb at the center, where countless temporary wires connected to the spherical device. Moving closer, the wires around it spreads out, trailing towards the towering complex machinery surrounding her.

She could say... That device... No... This whole area is the most ambitious project she had started.

It was called...

'Sekina...'

When she began organizing and checking if the wires were properly connected, she remind herself of the details of project in front of her.

Sekina, or also later renamed by him as Project Shekinah. This was initially meant to experiment to test the practicality of quantum computers.

Ever since the paper about quantum physics as well as quantum mechanics were released, she studied them in great detail and wanted to create a device that can leverage both fields. Hence the creation of the quantum computer.

However, as quantum computers only speeds up linear problems where classical computers take a long time to compute when dealing with large numbers, it's use case it pretty niche as there is no time difference between classical and quantum computers when dealing with non-linear problems.