Volume 2: Prologue

As I'm heading towards the council room as per my senior's instructions, it's already within expectations I would receive invitation from the President herself. Though it's should've been a matter of time, there was a slight margin of error on how early she invited me to the Seminar. However, it doesn't change anything as the results is still the same.

Upon reaching the entrance, a familiar figure awaited me. "Ara? Rio, long time no see," she remarked.

I would've preferred not meeting her, but given her skills, the reason she's here is the same as mine. To be honest, I was going to ignore her, but knowing her, it is 98% likely she'll keep pestering me about this meeting after we're done. So I sighed and turned my head over to her direction.

"It's been four months since our middle school graduation; it hasn't been that long," I responded, indifferent to her opinion.

"And you're the same as ever..." she scoffed, a sentiment that held no sway over me. After all, that sort of reaction was already expected from her.

Knocking on the door, dismissing any notion of engaging in pointless conversation, "You may come in." a voice from the other side granted us access to enter the room.

"This is getting me nervous." The girl beside me said. Not that I can fault her as I felt the same way.

Upon stepping inside, we were greeted by a third year sitting behind her desk.

"I'm glad you accepted the invitation. It's nice to see two promising first years standing here before me." she stated as she puts down her mug with fresh steam coming out of it.

With eyes observing us like she were assessing our value, 'So this must be the pinnacle of Millennium's intelligence', I silently acknowledged as her cerulean blue eyes locked onto mine.

Seeing her composed smile, her halo shone brightly as she stood up and offered her hand to both of us.

"Welcome to the Seminar, Tsukatsuki Rio, Akeboshi Himari." Those words still echo, as this was the first memory I had of her that lingered on to this day.

"I hope we could bring Millennium to greater heights."