Chapter 5: Welcome To Millennium

Inside a classroom where most students have already left to their homes. Two were left as they were the only members of the club that stayed to clean up the place.

As they were already done with cleaning, they thought they could have a break and sat beside each other with their armchairs connected to one another.

With one pulling out their phone and began playing an episode of an anime, a scene played out in front of them.

"Oh my god! Why did he do that!" The girl covers her face flustered as she still peeks through the gaps of her fingers to see the scene unfolding.

As her reaction was valid from a hospital scene from a certain anime, the boy had slammed his face on the the armrest and groaned.

"Okay...! Let's just skip this scene." The boy said with his face turning red, he kept double tapping the right side trying to remove that image from his mind.

"Wait! Why are you skipping?!" The girl complained as she didn't want to miss any details on the anime. As they bantered on whther they will continue watching or just stop there and there. The girl managed to convince him to continue watching then accidentally made him play that scene again scrunching up his facial expressions.

This time the girl didn't watch the screen but rather kept laughing as she found the boy's face when reacting, quite amusing.

As the episode was done with the credits playing, what was left was a mentally exhausted boy and a girl dying to know what will happen in the next episode.

Unfortunately, the low battery warning popped up from the boy's phone prompting them that their watch time should be rescheduled until next time.

After plugging in the charger from a half-drained power bank, the boy felt something leaning on to his arms.

"Lily?" The boy called out to her name.

However before she could speak another person came through the door.

"Oh, you guys are still here. I thought everyone already left." A boy with slicked hair called out to them.

As the weight from the boy shoulder disappear from the young man's appearance, the girl immediately starts packing her things as she replied to the newcomer, "We were just done cleaning up, Maven. Cody and I were about to leave now."

"See you later Maven..." The boy said in monotone as he tucked his phone into his bag.

"Suuure..." With the newcomer giving him only a side glance, he switched back to calling out to the girl. "By the way Lily, we should hang out sometimes. Me and the others were looking for you so we can go to Karaoke."

"No thanks. My mom had set up a strict curfew for me so I need to go home by six." The girl excused herself before calling out to the boy who silently followed her.

"Hey Lily!"

"What?" The girl said with a smile, despite her grip on the handle of her bag that tells otherwise.

"About the research title we are about to present next week, mind helping us out?" The slicked haired boy put his hands together with a cheeky smile on his face. However, the girl only brushed him off by saying, "I already gave my contributions to the group, anymore than that, would be me finishing it all by myself."

While they were only making excuses, the girl only rebutted by reminding him what their teacher told them by having each member needing to contribute their parts stated on their report.

As the boy who silently stood behind her, admired her for her growth from being easily pushed to setting boundaries for herself. He left a small smile to which the other party took notice before they relent.