Chapter 3: Friendly Neighborhood Arius Squad

- - - - -
Spoiler Warning:
This chapter will be revealing the plot of Blue Archive Volume 3.

Content Warning:
This chapter will also contain mentions of Self-harm and Attempted suicide. Please read at your own discretion.
- - - - -

A few hours before the present...

As we strolled forward for a bit, we could now see the Schale tower in all its glory

As we strolled forward for a bit, we could now see the Schale tower in all its glory. With crowds surrounding it and shops open for all passersby, in front of us stood a tall white-painted building with multiple layers of glass walls on each side. The building had a striking feature of a set of five cyan halos with multilayered rings orbiting around it. These halos seemed to float from the top of the building, and the same could be said to other buildings in the vicinity.

Reaching the entrance, there was no shortage of visitors coming and going with carefree smiles on their faces. We could see more students minding their own business behind the glass doors with a note saying 'Welcome and Enjoy your visit.'

"Hey Sensei, does Schale normally have this many students coming over?" I asked, as it looked like a festival was underway.

Sensei smiled as we entered the bustling Schale tower. "Ah, yes," he replied, his voice calm amidst the commotion. "This is quite normal for this time of day, especially on weekends or during the afternoons. Schale has become a popular spot for students from all around the city."

I glanced around, still surprised by the sheer number of people. "And what about weekdays? Is it like this all the time?"

Sensei shook his head, leading the way through the crowd. "Not quite. On weekdays, especially in the mornings, you'll find fewer visitors here. Most of the students you see during those hours are either skipping school, here for self-study, or participating in volunteer work organized by Schale. It's a bit more tranquil then, but still a vibrant place to be."

"I see." I muttered as the places I've been until now has been quite peaceful.

Coming close,  a couple of students who just opened the door and notice Sensei. They casually greeted him while gave me some curious glances before leaving. It must be a common occurrence as Sensei was used to talking to them before opening the door for me. As I rolled my wheelchair in, Sensei called out to me as entered the building, "Kodou-chan, Do you want to have a tour before we drop this at your room?" He suggested with a smile on his face.

"I-Is it okay? Don't your arms feel tired?" I said as I glance over his white polo shirt drenched in sweat. Aside from the three shopping bags attached to my chair Sensei was still carrying the rest the whole time. Though this place is air conditioned, I wouldn't want to keep delaying Sensei for bringing my stuff.

Despite my concern, "It's fine. We're just going to the third floor. How about it?" Sensei reassures me. After hearing that, I gave in as this was his own idea anyways. If he can do it, I guess he can keep his word for it. Sighing, "If you say so." I gave him a weary smile.