Volume 2: Two Years Ago Part I

In a peaceful day like no other, from the clear blue sky beyond the windows, to the fluttering of the curtains accompanied by the gentle breeze.

On a wooden desk where the pen danced as it left a trail of ink, with a continuous motion from one sheet to another, this continued until one of the paper towers had been handled.

However, with many more piling up on her desk, she sighed as she faceplant on the desk.

"Haa... I can't do this anymore..." She groaned.

Gazing over the endless letters beneath her sleeves, her white fox ears drooped down, shaded blue from the faint light of her halo, which resembles a seven node neural network, encased by two rings, floating above her head.

Although she may be fatigued from the paperwork in front of her, there were other variables come into play, such as:

"Rejected!"

"What do you mean rejected?! This proposal is one step ahead for Millennium's innovative development!"

Amidst the ruckus that had been going on for an hour, the pen on her desk rolled over as her two first year juniors' bickering became prominent.

In an attempt to calm them down, "Girls... Can you tone it down a bit?", she begs with awkwardly friendly manner.

"How many times I have to tell you. We don't have the budget for something that pointless!" However, her words fell on deaf ears as she was completely ignored.

"... Um... Can you hear me?" she tried to chime in but to no avail.

As the argument became too heated, the first year with short black hair piped up, "President!" whilst turning their head towards their Senior.

Surprised by the sudden attention, she yelped, "Y-yes?!" as she sat up straight while the black haired girl in front of her gave off a dangerous glint on her eyes.

She gulped as she knew very well to never antagonize this girl when she's in this state.

Leaving the black haired girl a bit confused as to why her Senior was sweating buckets, she scoffed it off as she had more pressing matters to discuss with her.

"President. Secretary Himari have been giving unnecessary approvals to proposals from various clubs. I ask of you to please stop her else we would file for bankruptcy."

Receiving the demanding tone from her Treasurer, she was shoved by multiple research Proposals that were allegedly approved by her own appointment Secretary.

The elven girl, who was the target of the girl's remark, couldn't let that remark slide. In an instant she stood up as she slammed her hands on the table.

"Rio! What do you mean by unnecessary?!" she retorted, "Can't you see the value of these creative proposals?!" before giving a hopeful look to their only senior, very knowing that they both have similar line of thinking when it comes with these sorts of things.

"Hm...?" The third year fox girl, who was their president, skimmed through the documents she was handed. Recognizing some proposals, her eyes widened with interest, and this was what the elf girl needed before she looked back towards Rio with a comeback of her own.

"See! Even Ai-senpai is interested." She stated, thinking that she had won over the highest ranking member of the council.

"Fufufu~ With my intellect comparable to Millennium's brightest head of Seminar, isn't it obvious that this beautiful genius-" she puffed her pitiful chest, "-approved these proposals because of an discernable eye for innovation?"