Chapter-24

Ivaara's P.O.V.

My breath got hitched seeing the magnificent room I was in- This one room could fit in two of mine. There was a king sized bed, side tables, a big table and sofa set, a balcony and two other doors, which I presume might be the bathroom and the walk-in-closet.

"Did you like our room, Vaara?" Vansh said from behind me and I turned towards him with the biggest smile on my face.

"I love it, Vansh. It's as if this room came straight out of my books."

"But don't you think something is missing?"

"What?" I asked, confusion etching my mind.

With a smile, he replied. "Go change, Vaara. Your bags have already been unpacked. After that I will show you whats missing."

I nodded my head and went to change. By the time I returned, Vansh was already changed in a trouser and t-shirt and I gave him a shy smile.

"Vanshhhhh, now tell me whats missing!"

He immediately got up and came towards me, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me close.

"Aap bhul gayi Raanisa ki aaj humaari suhaagraat hai?"
{Did you forget, Raanisa that this is our wedding-night?}

My breathing accelerated hearing his words and I hugged him tightly.

"Vansh, I-I-"

"Shhh, shhh jaan." His hand came up my back and started rubbing it, making me feel secure. After a few minutes, I pulled back and looked into his eyes.

"Vansh, I know you dont mean what you are implying right now so stop trying to scare me. I trust you."

The moment I uttered those last two words, Vansh's eyes turned glossy and he clutched me to his chest muttering uncountable thank yous. Then, he pulled back and then brought a box, placing it in my hands.

"The husband gifts his wife something on their wedding night Vaara, heres yours."

Opening the gift in excitement, I looked inside the box- there was a sindoor daan, a peacock ring and a murti of Radhakrishna inside. My eyes teared up again and keeping everything carefully on the table, I hugged Vansh.

 My eyes teared up again and keeping everything carefully on the table, I hugged Vansh

"Thank you, husband. It's the best gift."

"Pleasure is all mine, dear wife."

He smiled and we went back inside the room and slept where him being him, he sternly made me take the bed while he slept on that small couch.
.