Chapter-6

Ivaara’s P.O.V.

I woke up before my alarm rang. My nervousness was on peak- damn, it was my 1st time meeting a prospective groom.

I am aware how this works- families meet, they talk, then they ask the couple to talk in private and then they decide. Fear was the 1st emotion I was feeling- fear of rejection, fear of being alone with a guy, fear of being judged by their family- and I didn’t know how to help it.
Someone knocked my door and I was startled for a minute.

“Kaun?” I asked.
“It’s me, Ivu.”
“Bhabhi? Come in. How many times have I told you that you do NOT need to knock?”
“Okay, Okay Sorry babaaa. Now tell me, are you fine?”

I didn’t answer instantly.

“Bhabhi I- I am nervous.”
“That is fine baccha. You know even after the fact that I had already met Mummy and Papaji a lot of times and the knowledge that they knew about Abhinav and I, when we decided to get married and y’all visited our home, I was hella nervous.”
“Really?”
“Yes. It’s the fear of starting a new phase in our life- leaving behind one family and embracing the other and eventually turning the two of them into one. You’ll be fine, Ivaara. Just be yourself okay?”
“Yes bhabhi.”
“Anything else?”

Something striked me.

“Bhabz?”
“Yeah?”
“What is the guy’s name?”

She chuckled.

“You didn’t have the sense to ask this the first thing yesterday? Now wait for some more time and meet him directly silly.”

With a gentle embrace, she left. I took a relaxing bath and then got ready. I went for red- pants, an embroidered Anarkali and dupatta. I feel that you can never go wrong with Anarkalis- they are simple yet elegant.

 I feel that you can never go wrong with Anarkalis- they are simple yet elegant

Now was my favorite part- Jewellery.
I wore oxidized choker neck-piece and jhumki set, my favorite haath-phool in right hand and bangles with a pretty peacock-feather silver ring on my left ring-finger. For bindi, I put one with a small silver stone. Also, mom gave me a very beautiful pair of anklets so I wore them too.

 Also, mom gave me a very beautiful pair of anklets so I wore them too