Chapter-19

Rivaansh’s P.O.V.

She smiled and said, “Let’s start the function.”

I am proud of how my Angel is handling herself but I also feel a surge of disappointment in myself- I should be there with her at every step and I am fucking failing even to make her trust me.

I felt a hand on my shoulder- Vaara’s.

“What’s wrong, jaan? Do you wanna rest for a while?” I asked, immediately cupping her cheeks but she just shook her head and smiled- THERE it was- the smile I love about her.

“I trust you, Vansh. I guess during this courting period, I started trusting you more than myself. Baat bas itni si hai Vansh, ki apne ateet ke saaye me khokar mujhe apne aaj ko andheri raat nahi banaani. Sab bahaut sundar hai, Ranaaji- ye shaadi, ye mere sapne se bhi zada khoobsoorat hai. Abhi mai kisi bhi baat se apna ya aapka man kharaab nahi karna chaahti. Aap mujhse poochhenge, to mai aaj hi sab bataa dungi aapko- par mai abhi khush rehna chaahti hoon.”
{The thing is Vansh, that I don’t wanna darken my present because of the shadows of my past. Everything is so beautiful, Ranaaji- this wedding is more than what I ever dreamt of. Right now, I don’t want ANYTHING to spoil this. If you ask me, I can share everything with you today itself-but I really wanna stay happy right now.}

My heart warmed up with the words she uttered- the way she realized my feelings even when she herself was overwhelmed, its precious. MY VAARA is precious.

She sat back on the sofa and I turned towards Adhir- my other best friend. We have been best buddies since childhood and he left all his work to attend my wedding.

I put my arm around his shoulder and turned towards Vaara who was making faces at him secretly- I sense it she doesn’t really like him. THIS was gonna be fun.

“Vaara, he is my other best friend- Adhir Singhania.”

Her eyes widened, making me smirk.
She immediately got up and folded her hands in a Namaste.

“Hel-Hello Mr. Singhania.”

Adhir chuckled and replied, “Please call me Adhir, cupcake.”

She scrunched her nose and said, “I am not cupcake- also you are older than me, I can’t call you by your name.”

“Oh, call me bhaiya then. Also, you are sweet like a cupcake so….”

I coughed, “We need to start OUR function, Adhir. Go have your ass seated.”
FUCKING BASTARD is flirting with my wife- almost wife!

He laughed and walked away but not before saying in a sing-a-song voice:
“I can never fall in love again!”

I heard Vaara chuckle beside me. We settled and then the performances started.

The first one was by Abhi, Archie, Shanya and Parth on ‘Sauda Kharra Kharra’ and they were pretty good.

The next performance was by our parents along with chacha and chachi on the song ‘Mai Rang Sharbaton ka’.

The love they had for their partners made me imagine my future with Ivaara when we  will be dancing on our kids’ wedding and that thought alone brought a smile on my face. Ivaara was shedding tears of happiness and her eyes were sparkling.

After that came the Chauhaan couples- Adwait&Dwiti and Sunny&Sana. They danced on ‘Radha’ and damn, the chemistry my brothers have with their wives.

Following were Abhinav and Ayushi who danced on ‘Malang Sajna’. This was a shocker for Vaara since ‘apparently’ Abhinav doesn’t dance.

Then came Urvi and she danced on ‘Say Na Say Na’. She is a very good dancer and definitely, she aced it pretty well.

After that they called Adhir on the stage and my eyes went wide....This fucker is taunting me even during the dance.....

Archie came up on the stage and announced, “Toh doston, we have reached to the end of this ceremony, which of-course, is incomplete without the performance of our bride and groom. But uske phle, we have a surprise in store for them. SO ARE YOU READY GUYS?”
{Toh doston- So friends; uske pehle- before that}

The crowd erupted into chaos and the lights dimmed. When the spotlight was casted up on the stage, my jaw dropped- Daadu and Daadi?

“Oh my God, they look soooo cute, Vansh.” Ivaara said from beside me and I couldn’t agree less. They were dancing on ‘Kyu Aage peechhe dolte ho’ and this had to be the best performance of the night.

As they finished, Shanya came back on stage and announced, “No one is gonna be able to match their performance now. But there IS something that will make the evening more memorable- jab Om apni Shaantipriya ke saath sapno me nahi, hakeekat mein dance karega aur koi Mukesh Mehra inhe alag nahi kar paaega. So calling upon stage- Yuvraaj and his Yuvraani!”
{When Om will dance with his Shaantipriya not just in dreams, but in real life and there will be no Mukesh Mehra to sparate them.}

We went on the stage and as the music played, I forgot everything- I wasn’t a king, I wasn’t a billionaire, I wasn’t a Mafia don. I was just a man who was mesmerized by his woman. Our dance was a bollywood ball dance Indianised.

I made sure that I don’t get carried away and do something which makes Vaara panic again, so I kept a little, unnoticeable space between us at every step. But the feel of her so close to me was Heaven and I didn’t want the music to stop. But it did and as we went down and the dj night began, Ivaara said, “What you did on stage was magical Vansh. Thank you for understanding me.”

And with a sweet kiss on my cheek, she left to join her family.

Ahhhhhhh....no author's note on this...only a sorry for the late update...it's just that all the yt attachments somehow disappeared....
Vote, comment and share...
Also follow pixie_books10 on both insta and Wattpad....

Until next time,
See y'all ❣️