17. Chained In The Dock

********

********

"I think your brain needs a pro mechanic Iyaad. Do you know what you're getting into?" Zaima nearly scolded as she watched her son with a blend of anxiousness and vexation.

"Yes, and I don't think there's anything bad in it. It's just for few days." He spoke undauntedly as if talking about flying a kite in air.

"It's not just for few days thing smart boy, it's about a murder case. Do you know how your father will react on it?" She herself wasn't aware if the sole cause of her agitation was her husband's reaction or the case.

"Who doesn't know that? His only reaction to everything is roaring like a dinosaur."

"Iyaad!" She was in no joking mood that time.

"What's the need to panic? It's not like I've brought her here forever. I told you her brother left in emergency and the day he returns, Ayzel will be gone too... Now don't you always say we should be kind to people... especially of our country and religion?" Iyaad's convincing car took a shortcut route in the end, more like forcing his words into her mouth.

"You should, but that doesn't mean disobeying your father and pushing him into unnecessary trouble. You can arrange any hotel for her, it's still a kind idea."

Zaima nearly dragged his car back but it instead slipped off the bridge when his head shook in a flat denial.

"No, it's not a safe one." Zaima's eyes squinted at him.

"How?"

"Mummy, her friend's murdered in front of her and she's badly traumatized at the moment. I can shift her to the hotel but there's no one to care for her there."

Iyaad's attempt to decorate the conversation with some emotions failed when Zaima took a realistic turn.

"And who'll take care of her here? All the maids leave by nine at night." She spoke in a satiated manner as if assured it was a valid excuse.

"No worries, I've already arranged one nurse for her. She'll be here from tomorrow." His words were casual but still he could see the leftover glow on her face melting down to zero at his audacity.

Arranged a nurse?

"Iyaad you seriously don't consider taking your father's permission in any matter? That girl might be saved after the case, but you won't."

His confession definitely stroke like a current to her. Iyaad gripped another audacity of still giving an insisting nod to her.

"I will be, if my momi wants..." Zaima hardly controlled herself from rolling her eyes at his chivvy attitude.

Uff! This boy...

"And how is that?"

"Look, I've already talked to the guards outside but you can better convince them and others in your way. There's more than a week in Papa's return and if only you can support me for some days, he'll never know about if we keep a whole town here.. Bet me, we'll all be safe." His persuasive quality really led Zaima to contemplate over his suggestion.