Episode 32: A Tale of the Past

(Watch Opening)

The remaining days of the internship came to an end after the events of the hospital. Ben was released to go back to Nighteye's agency as he used XLR8 to get back same as how he got to Hosu City. He couldn't really confront Nighteye about the phone call he had with Gran Torino and Chief Tsuragamae back at the hospital, mainly due to not knowing what to say that wouldn't get him into trouble.

After the events of the hospital, the story went public about Ben defeating the Hero Killer. Ben immediately went on a radar for every news reporter in the area, especially as they managed to find him whenever he was out on patrol with Bubble Girl, Centipeder or Nighteye.

Reporter1: There he is!

Reporter2: So cool!

Female Reporter: Ben Tennyson! How did it feel having survived and defeated the Hero Killer?

Ben: Um, well I was just lucky with timing and with what form I was in at the time. My new form allowed me to regenerate rapidly.

Reporter1: How did you manage to get into hand-to-hand combat with Stain?

Ben: It was difficult, we both had increased speed which wasn't easy to catch up too. We both pretty much exchanged blows.

Reporter2: You were right infront of the Hero Killer when he made his speech, were you at all scared?

Ben took a minute to answer that one himself. After Stain was taken down, Ben was utterly terrified. Why wouldn't he be, after all, Stain was right infront of him with his finger dug right into Ben's chest. Anyone in their right mind would be scared.

Ben: Yeah... I was. Stain somehow managed to make every hero on the scene scared. Which is something that we all can agree on.

Reporter3: Upon closer investigation, you were once a vigilante who assisted with stopping several different crimes and disasters in one year alone. Do you have any room to say that Stain could've known that information?

Ben was silent as he had began to wonder that himself. He realized of course that after the sports festival, he knew his secret of vigilante work wouldn't go unnoticed by the audience or by the public. Suddenly Nighteye stepped infront of him as he spoke to the press.

Nighteye: That is enough questions, we are currently on patrol. So if you could please leave us to it.

Nighteye and Ben walked away from the crowd of reporters as Ben looked at Nighteye with confusion.

Ben: Sir?

Nighteye: Yes, Ben10?

Ben: Why did you cover for me at the hospital?

Nighteye: ....Does one have to have a reason to keep his intern from getting into trouble? And I didn't cover for you. I did give you permission before you left if you happen to recall.