PART TWENTY-NINE | Dream

Start from the beginning

I took my bag to the bathroom, and began getting changed into my dance clothes. Ollie and I would be working on some basic dance moves and working on our physical chemistry for the rest of the afternoon.

I was waiting for Ollie on the stage with Louis when Rhea sent me another message.

Rhea 🖤: Flight is slightly delayed. I'll be a little late, is that ok?

Kat: I can get Ollie to drop me home? 🤔

Rhea 🖤: I still really want to pick you up and check the theatre out. Can you stay for me? I shouldn't be too late.

Kat: Ok, sure 💗

Rhea 🖤: 💋

Kat: 🖕🏻

Rhea 🖤 That's rather rude, Kat.

Kat: I meant this! ☝🏼

Kat: ☝🏼☝🏼☝🏼

Kat: For Roman! ☝🏼

Rhea 🖤: You're a pain, but you win.

Ollie eventually got here, and Louis made sure we were warmed up before going through some basic dance moves singularly. Then he gave us a run down on the dance scenes. "So, Kat, you've got a few individual dances, but we will get to those later. For now, you have two couple dances. One in the first half of the show, which is more upbeat and fun. The other, is towards the end, and it's more slow, sensual and intimate-"

I eyes Ollie who eyes me awkwardly. But then he laughed a little and it broke the tension, even I giggled a bit.

"We'll start on the first one." Louis said.

We started working together with Louis and the dance coach, learning the moves. It wasn't much actually dancing together. A lot of individual dances, and then meeting for a few beats for a spin or the dip that was at the end of the song.

After that one, I was already hot and exhausted. I had to take a small break, get some water and a small fruit snack. I checked the time and it was 4pm, Rhea should have been here by now, but she won't be here until later now. The day ended at 4:30, so we only had half an hour to go through this last dance.

I met everyone back out on the stage, and a few workers were already shuffling out. I stayed with Louis and the coach, Ollie too, and listened to them explain this second dance. It was rather touchy, in my opinion. And I'd only heard about it, we haven't even done it.

"So this dance will be done in complete white and loose fit clothes, which we actually have here, you might as well put them on to get used to. As well as keeping a bare foot." Louis explained.

We dressed in the white costumes he gave us and they were so comfortable. I was glad I didn't have to wear a tight fitting suit with uncomfortable shoes.

"So this dance is all about peace. Like you're dreaming. It should be smooth, soft, there needs to be zero missteps." Louis explained.

Ollie and I got together, learning the basic moves of the dance. A lot of it was together, moving in tandem and my legs moving, and him dragging or carrying me. He didn't complain, though. He actually said I was light, and it was easy to pick me up.

We spent a while working on with Louis and the coach. Then the coach left for the end of the day, and Louis stayed back to watch us perform the dance through, checking our progress.

I was a little nervous when I took Ollie's hand and we began the dance.

Finishing the moves, we waited for his opinion. He looked disappointed...