The rest of the meal consists of Lucius, Rhyett and Cyrus discussing business while Ewan buts in time to time. Julian, Altas and Adam were busy in reviewing some tennis match and all of them successfully ignored my presence.

I didn't mind their deliberate or unintentional lack of regard. It was better than being the center of attention and atleast now I can eat peacefully.

I took two more servings of the pasta while also grabbing some cheese sticks. The entire course was heavenly and I'd be lying if I say it didn't get me more onboard with living here.

Rhyett takes a bite of his parmesan and realizes his plate is empty. The hard truth dawns on me before him and my mind race.

It might be totally rude and would definitely give off the worst first impression but I can't help this sudden craving since I know how good the freaking thing tastes.

He makes a move to grab the last piece but I'm faster and my fork is on it before he knows it. His eyes shot up to me and I avert mine pretending to be innocent.

In all honesty, my baby made me do it. I've never been this greedy and it's totally unlike me to take someone else's food but the moment called for it. And I can't help but feel overjoyed.

His eyes stay on me for a few heartbeat before he sets his cutlery down in his plate, indicating he's done and goes back to the conversation about some contract.

"So Adeline," Lucius says when I finally finish my meal. "Now that you're here, I think you should know of your rights here and my expectations of you." I nod and he continues.

"First of all, if there's anything you might need you can come to me directly and if I'm unavailable Rhyett or Cyrus are usually in charge. But if it's something as simple as buying a thing you like, you don't need my permission for that. You can inform your maid and it will be provided to you."

In short: Come to me only when it's important.

"Which brings me to my next point... I don't assign a budget to any of my kids so you're free to get whatever you want as long as it's nothing dangerous or inappropriate for your age." This is good because I would need a lot of stuff during and after my pregnancy.

"Now for the rules." He said and my heart shift in anticipation. "All the family members are required to be present for dinner unless there's a valid reason. Having said that, your presence for breakfast would be appreciated as well but none of us are ever home for lunch. You won't be either because I'm enrolling you in highschool with your brothers-" I cut him off panicking.

"I can't go to school." I state in a voice of finality which wasn't very clever of me.

"And why is that?" He leaned back on his chair in a challenging posture.

"I enrolled in an online school last week. I'll start that coming Monday.

"Ah yes. I was meaning to talk you about that. Is there a particular reason why you suddenly decided to switch in the middle of year?"

He clearly wasn't convinced or impressed by my insistence and gave me a chance to present a better argument.

"I never really liked school." I lied confidently. "Mom knew I would hate it even more after she's gone so she thought I should study online.’’

"Fine." I exhaled a deep breath at his approval. "You can start that but I'm concerned you're going to be bored at home. Is there any activity you're interested in? Sports, reading, cooking, makeup or anything that'll keep you busy? If you wish to join any recreational club, let me know. I think it'll be good for you."