Chapter 3: Day 2

Your POV

That night I could barely sleep at all. I couldn't stop thinking about what Naruto said... and how he acted. He told me everything like I was his best friend but yet I had only just met him today. His face when he explained it all was unexplainable. He looked so depressed and I could tell he hid it all with that smile. But he smiled because everyone loved him. All his fans adored him and all I did was slander them and him because I thought he was such a horrible person who only wanted attention and fame. But he was just alone and looking to be acknowledged.

The feeling in my stomach wouldn't go away.  I felt like I was the only one who knew how Naruto felt and I had to help him through his problems by being his best friend. I was gonna make the best out of our friendship...

I sighed, feeling it was useless to keep trying to sleep so I picked up my phone and dialed Neji's number. He answered after about 3 rings.

"H-Hello...?" He said in a lethargic voice.

"Hey, you still up?" I asked.

"Just now." Neji replied.

"Oh... Sorry." I said.

"No, it's fine... what's wrong? You sound sad." He asked.

I froze for a second... did I really sound sad?

"Um... it's nothing, I'm fine." I said.

"I know you better than this..." Neji said.

"Neji, it's really fine." I replied.

"I don't believe you, what's wrong?" Neji asked.

"I was reading a really sad fan fiction..." I lied, but I knew it was the only way to get him off my back.

I heard him sigh on the other end.

"That I believe." He said.

"Yeah... I decided to call cause I couldn't sleep." I replied.

"Oh you... Well get some sleep so you're not tired tomorrow." Neji said.

"Hmmm... Okay..." I said.

"Alright, I love you, bye." He replied.

"Bye love you too." I said and hung up.

My mind immediately drifted to Naruto... I wonder if he's up... But I figured I wouldn't disturb him just encase... I'd already had my time with him at the ramen shop. He was most likely asleep.

I rolled over, staring at my wall.

I moaned and squeezed my fists together, wishing I had Neji to cuddle with right now. Or at least a stuffed animal.

I sighed and finally fell asleep.

In the morning, I was really tired and wanted to go back to sleep. But I rolled myself out of bed and got myself dressed, since it was gonna be cold today, I decided on black leggings, a black tank top and a (f/c) sweat shirt to go over it. After that, I went into my bathroom, brushed my hair and put on some mascara, not bothering with eye liner. Then I put on some foundation and deodorant then brushed my teeth. I went back into my room and grabbed my phone, there was a text from Naruto. It read,

"Hey, (Y/n) I just wanted to let you know I had a good time tonight and we should do it again sometime. See you at school :) " I smiled upon reading this, so my assumption was wrong, he really was up, and after I fell asleep.

I turned off my phone, pocketed it and went into my kitchen to make myself an omelette. Once I finished eating that, it was time for me to start driving so I grabbed my keys and drove to school.