The end of a journey.

[Orion POV]

[ENTER, TIMESKIPPU]

We've made it to Buena Village, as Rudy wanted to visit here before we went on to Roa. we're currently standing at the colossal oak that Rudy and Sylphie used to play under.

Ruijerd - "So, this is your homeland."

Rudy - "Yes, although it used to be much more beautiful."

Ruijerd - "I see. I wish I had seen it."

We sit in silence for a few seconds, looking out at the wasteland that was once rolling hills and fields of grains.

Ruijerd - "You don't need a babysitter anymore."

Eris looks between all of us shocked.

Ruijerd - "I'm in your debt."

Rudy - "I didn't do anything. Not on the Demon Continent, or in Millis."

Ruijerd - "That's not true. You taught me that I have so many more options than I'd realised. I remember it all. The adventurers who smiled at the name 'Dead End' without a hint of fear. How close I felt to the Doldia, who accepted me knowing I was a sperd."

Rudy - "You did all of that yourself, Ruijerd-San."

Ruijerd - "No. I couldn't do anything alone. I hadn't managed to advance a single step in the four centuries since the war. You gave me that first step."

Rudy - "But that was only because Hitogami-"

Ruijerd - "I don't care about a god I've never seen. The one who actually saved me was you, Rudeus. Eris."

Eris - "What?"

Ruijerd - "You have talent. Enough talent to grow far stronger than me."

Eris - "You're lying. I mean..."

Ruijerd - "You fought one called a god and experienced his techniques. Do you know what that means?"

Eris - "I understand!"

Ruijerd - "Good. That's the way. And Orion, thank you for fighting alongside me, allowing me to observe your techniques to improve myself, you are a colossal power in this world, and I could not think of anyone better I could have learned from, and fought beside"

Orion - "You give me too much credit Ruijerd, you were already an amazing fighter before we met, and there are still many who can overpower me, so there is still much room for me to improve myself. It has been an honour fighting alongside you, old friend."

Ruijerd - "May I treat the two of you like children one last time?"

He pats their heads and Rudy is holding back tears, while Eris is just crying. Ruijerd then steps back, Eris reaching out for his hand, then he takes off the pendant Rudy gave him back at Rikarisu

Ruijerd - "I ought to return this to you."

Rudy - "I'd like you to keep it."

Ruijerd - "You would? Isn't this precious to you?"

Rudy - "That's why I want you to have it."

Ruijerd nods then I walk up to him and I hold my hand out, he returns the gesture and shakes my hand.

Orion - "Until we meet again old friend."

Ruijerd then starts walking off, but stops for a second and turns around.

Ruijerd - "Goodbye then, Rudeus, Eris. Let's meet again."

He then walks away, not turning back again.