Death and Reincarnation

[Orion POV]

Cold. All I felt was cold. After a severe accident at my workplace. the chains hoisting the colossal engine from the ship I was working on snapped, and crushed me.

I'm Orion Praxion, and I, am dead.

Or so I thought.

My eyes shot open on instinct, my head darting around. I was in a void of white and close to white colours, and a pure white.... man? walked towards me. or more accurately, joyfully skipped towards me.

Orion - "Am I dead?"

??? - "Unfortunately for you, yes. but more fortunate is... I'm giving you a chance in a new world. this world Is far from the world you're used to, I'm sure. But from what I've seen of your life, you'll be just fine."

Orion - "A new world? talk about cliché anime shit. may I ask your name? and make a request?"

??? - "My name is irrelevant, just call me, the God of Man. and as for your request... I'll humour you, what do you have in mind?"

[smol timeskip BTYB Author-Kun not wanting to spoil a key plot point]

GOM - "My time with you is up. make the most of this new life. I think you'll be quite entertaining to watch"

my vision goes black once more, but I hear cries of pain from a woman. it sounds like she's giving birth. WAIT GIVING BIRTH? AM I GETTING A COMPLETE NEW LIFE? NOT JUST FROM THE AGE I LEFT OFF? I take a second to process it. actually it makes sense that it's this way. I heard 2 names, Paul and Zenith. I suddenly feel my body being wrapped up in something then rocked slightly. I open my eyes to see my new family. a man and woman wearing medieval clothing, and A MAID?! so I've been born into a rich family, huh.

[timeskip once more BTYB KING CRIMSON!]

Zenith - Al? Alastor? where'd you go?

I suppose my new name is Alastor. its been a few months and I'm now able to understand the language decently well, and I'm also able to move about now as well. maybe its because I'm so young I feel that I' able to learn much faster than what I'm used to. Lillia is the maid of the house, she's been a godsend, she does almost everything around the house and treats me exceptionally well. On a different subject, it seems this world is indeed a medieval fantasy world, where modern tech doesn't exist. once I'm not a little kid I can change that.

[Author's note - Orion/Alastor is a year older than Eris in this story, and Rudeus will still be a part of it. also, narrated TIMESKIPPU]

As time went on I learned how to read the human language and started practicing magic in secret, becoming an advanced water mage, and being intermediate in all other types, and learning detoxification and healing magic to an intermediate level. [detox will come in handy later on ;) ]

after just over 3 years, I got a little brother, Rudeus. Who, while never crying, did seem somewhat... strange, to say the least.

END OF CHAPTER