Family Squabble/Reunion (merged episodes)

[THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS LIGHT NOVEL CONTENT, ANIME WATCHERS BE WARNED]

[Orion/Alastor POV]

It's been quite the trek, but we're finally on the last leg of our journey, and Millishion is in sight.

Orion - "Well guys, there's our destination! The capital city of the Holy Country of Millis: Millishion!

Eris is currently eating some food in the back of our wagon, myself and Ruijerd walking in front, and Rudy in the wagon doing nothing.

Eris/Rudy - "Oh!"

Eris holds up her food.

Eris - "I swear, you've gotta teach me to cook one of these days, Orion!"

Orion - "Hmmm... No. Why are you so persistent on learning to cook anyway?"

She turns slightly red... That just about says all I need to know.

Eris - "W-Well..."

Orion - "Anyway, let's keep moving. Our first stop will be an inn."

[Timeskip to the inn]

This inn actually has rooms for four people, so we naturally took that option... because of the fact that all the rescue operations are draining my coin reserves, I've become quite the cheapskate.

Orion - "Alright, let's get this started. Strategy meeting for Rational Chaos has begun. Now, It's been a year and a half since we were teleported to the Demon Continent, but we have finally made it back to human soil. We will be spending some time here to figure out what we're going to do, but I expect to be in the green finance wise during our stay here, as my finances are dwindling as the search for survivors continues. As a bonus, jobs in Millis tend to pay more, so it would be wise to stick around. However, tomorrow will be a day off for everyone, as I wish to take you all somewhere."

Eris - "Aww, I wanted to go goblin slaying! I hear they show up around here!"

Orion - "Goblin slaying? I guess you can do that the day after tomorrow. However, I have to say this, be careful Eris, because it's my ass on the line if anything happens to you."

Eris - "I can handle goblins just fine thanks!"

Orion - "Well that about concludes our strategy meeting... the base points are as follows - No spending unless necessary, take as many high paying jobs as possible after tomorrow, and don't get yourselves killed. Now, let's get some rest."

[Timeskip to the next day]

It's the next day, and we're standing outside the guild. I've got Eris's and Rudy's eyes and ears covered as I want to surprise them. I push open the door and guide them in, Ruijerd following afterwards. I look around and find the people I'm looking for, and guide them to the table. I sit Rudy down first, then I motion for Ruijerd to take the left hand seat from the head of the table. After Ruijerd sits down, I sit Eris in the seat to the right of the head of the table, then I myself take the head seat. Then I remove the coverings at the same time, due to them being magic.

Orion - "Well, what can I say. I believe this is the first family meal in over a year and a half."

Eris and Rudy's eyes widen, Rudy opens his mouth to speak, but I cut him off as I continue talking.

Orion - "I'm glad to see everyone is here in good health. However we seem to be missing a pair... Father, Lilia, where are Aisha and Norn?"

Paul - "They're together in our inn across the street, why?"