The Value of a Life and the First Job

[Orion/Alastor POV]

We've stopped for the day given it's nearing sundown, and currently we're watching Eris kick the ever living shit out of a pack of monster wolves as the first trial for her blade.

Eris - "This sword is amazing!"

Rudy - "Eris, you know you can leave some of them to me, right?"

Eris finished eviscerating the pack of monsters and turns around covered in blood.

Eris - "You say something?!"

Orion - "Yeah... You missed one."

I dash forwards faster than the eye can see, and take the final monster out as it was mid jump towards Eris.

Eris - "Oh."

[skip to night]

We've set up camp under a large rock protrusion, and Eris is enjoying her catch as I'm cooking some of the stored tortoise

Eris - "I always dreamed of... Living like this!"

Ruijerd and Rudy both eat maggots.

Orion - "You do realise that you both can have some tortoise with me, right?"

Rudy - "Really?!"

Orion - "Yeah yeah. I have plenty stored."

[skip until morning]

after a little bit more walking, we reach a ledge, and can see a massive... mountain? I don't know what to call it, but it's huge... And in our way.

Ruijerd - "There it is."

Eris - "Wow!"

Rudy - "Oh!"

Orion - "Yeah... that's probably going to be a problem."

Ruijerd - "Beyond those cliffs is the city of Rikarisu."

We walk our way to the base of the cliffs and are met with a guarded tunnel.

Random Demon - "What's up? Security's awful tight today."

Guard - "We got a report that Dead End's been sighted. Know anything?"

Random Demon - "Dead End?! S-Seriously? Sorry, I don't know anything."

Eris - "Look! Look! Orion! There are so many weird people!"

Orion - "They're demons, Eris. They come in all shapes and sizes."

Rudy - "The demons here look nothing like the Migurd or Superd.

Ruijerd - "There are many tribes of demons."

Rudy - "Anyway, what's 'Dead End'?"

Ruijerd - "Me."

Rudy - "Excuse me?"

Ruijerd - "I believe I'm called that in some places."

Eris - "What should we do?!"

Ruijerd - "don't worry. I can leap over those cliffs."

Orion - "hold your horses, Ruijerd. If you do that the whole city will be thrown into panic. I think we should go with the plan of either cutting your hair off and covering your third eye, or dyeing your hair another colour."

Rudy - "I think dyeing it is the best course of action right now."

I spot a blue gel? On a rock nearby and pick it up.

Orion - "This'll be perfect."

Then I get to work putting it into Ruijerd's hair, making sure to not miss a spot. Then we get in line for security. Soon we're at the front of the queue.