Getting a New Car

You were sitting in class, bored out of your mind and waiting for the person to finish presenting their project....and then for Sam to go. You and Sam may be twins, but you requested to do your project separately from him knowing that he is going to try and sell your great grandpa's glasses....again. You already presented your project, and it was on something actually important, like what your great grandpa found, and you got an A...enough for a car if Sam doesn't screw it up that is. You ignore the students chattering and roll your eyes, then pay attention to when Sam is called up.

Mr.Hosney: Okay Mr.Witwicky, you're up...let's see if you can beat your twin this time!

Sam starts dumping stuff out of his backpack, causing you to roll your eyes. He may be your brother, but he is an absolute moron sometimes that could use some common sense for once! Like bringing the things in a separate bag so you don't dump everything out!

Sam: sorry, I got a lot of stuff

Trent: watch this.

Sam: O-okay, for my family genea-

Trent sends a rubber band flying at Sam...so you decide to get revenge by throwing a paper ball at him, that may or may not have a pebble in it. Trent glares at you as it hits him and you just grin cheekily and innocently as other students laugh.

Mr.Hosey: alright, who-who did that? People! Have some responsibility!

Sam clears his throat and continues anyway, causing you to crack a small smile.

Sam: Okay, um, so for my family genealogy report, I decided to do it on my great-great-grandfather, who was a famous man, Captain Archibald Witwicky. Very famous explorer. In fact, he was one of the first...to explore...the arctic circle, which is kind of a big deal. In 1897, he took 41 brave sailors straight into the arctic shelf.

Sam twiddles his thumbs nervously and you give him a thumbs up and mouth 'good job' as he gets out the items of his bag and shows them to the class. The first one being an old map, then a telescope and some other items as you accidentally tuned him out in favor of wondering what kind of car you would get, but knowing your cheap father, he'll just fake you out ... .maybe a camaro would do? You tuned right back in as Sam was showing the class the glasses, and he was tryna sell everything...great.

Sam: These are my grandfather's glasses. I haven't quite gotten them appraised yet, but they;ve seen many cool things.

Mr.Hosey quickly got tired of Sam's ramblings, and you couldn't blame him. You have tried to stop Sam from selling things from the family after all....

Mr.Hosey: Are you going to sell me his liver? Mr Witwicky, this isn't show and tell. It's the twelfth grade. I don't think your grandfather will be particularly proud of what you are doing....You sibling did the project on the same thing and didn't try to sell anything...why are you selling these?

Sam stutters for a moment before answering. You give Sam a thumbs up and a small 'you can do this', which he is grateful for.

Sam: I-i know, i'm sorry. I just, you know, this is all going towards my car fund and m-my dad is super cheap, so I thought....you can tell your folks, it's on eBay. I take Paypal, Cold hard cash works too.

The students laugh, causing you to roll your eyes and glare at them. The bell rings and you pack your things up and walk to Sam.

Y/N: I'll meet you in the car...and if you don't get an A, then that's fine! There's always next time.

You said that in an attempt to cheer him up, but it seems to make him more sad. You wince inwardly and pat his shoulder, walking to the car where your father is waiting for you. You opened the door and climbed into the backseat, setting your stuff down next to you.