"Potter, Harry." 

He looked at me while sitting on the stool. I heard him say something to the hat. 

"GRYFFINDOR."

I am disappointed but not surprised. I knew he wouldn't be in Slytherin. But I think a part of me hoped that he would be. He didn't seem too bad. I watched as he walked to the Gryffindor table, and he looked at me smiling. I returned the smile but soon, he turned around to talk to Granger, who was congratulating him, I assume, and they shook hands. I sighed and turned back to my friends when I noticed that a professor in black robes was looking at us sadly as if he was having deja vu. He gave me a sympathetic smile.

"Rosier, Katherine."

Her sorting took a while. The hat was deciding whether to put her in Ravenclaw or Slytherin. 

"SLYTHERIN!" The hat called out and I sighed in relief.

"Katherine!" I called her over and she sat in the seat next to mine. 

I sat in between Katherine and Daphne.

After a while, Ron got sorted into Gryffindor which was expected, and Blaise got sorted into Slytherin.

 Then, we all were rushed to our common rooms. The Slytherin Common Room was in the dungeons. Aurie told me that we had a great view of the Black Lake. 

The Prefects had the password which was "Serpiente" which was Spanish for serpent. As they muttered the password, the resting snake statue slithered upwards and opened. 

The Slytherin Common Room was in the dungeons and many found it eerily quiet and creepy but I found the silence comforting. I instantly felt at home. It was huge and very roomy. It felt as though it was a Manor as there were different rooms inside the common room. Many walls were dedicated to different things. 

The room filled with Green and Silver flaunted the Slytherin Crest which had a serpent in it. Books on Slytherins who succeeded and books on Salazar Slytherin filled a wall of the common room. The room was furnished with several emerald green couches where students were seated. The walls were an olive green and pictures of the previous Slytherin Quidditch Teams, Captains, Head Boys and Head Girls (from Slytherin) were framed. The pictures of successful Slytherins were also given. The list of the Sacred 28 was also shown. A whole wall was dedicated to show the family tree of the descendants of Salazar Slytherin.

I saw my mother's name and tagged along to it was my father's name along with their pictures which were drawn by paint, it seems. Under their names was my name... "Cassiopeia Athena Gaunt-Black". Ok, it was weird to see your name with your picture on a wall. I had the same picture in the Black family tapestry at the Manor. 

Katherine, Daphne, Draco, Pansy and Blaise stared at the family tree with me. 

"That is kind of creepy and weird," I said.

"Yes, it kind of is. But it is cool." 

I saw that Merope Gaunt's name wasn't shown in it. Is it because she was disowned? 

I saw my grandfather's name tagged to my grandmother's name. I looked at all of my ancestors. 

"I envy you, Cas," Draco said looking at the wall in amazement. 

"I don't. It is in the main area of the common room, Draco. Everyone is going to see it." I said looking at him. 

"Yes, but isn't that a good thing? No one is going to mess with you." Said Blaise.

"Sure, I guess." 

I spent a few minutes in the common room and then, I walked to the dorm I was sharing with Katherine, Pansy and Daphne. 

After talking to the girls for a while I decided to write a letter to Aurie.

𝑫𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝑨𝒖𝒓𝒊𝒆,

 𝑰 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒈𝒐𝒕 𝒔𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝑺𝒍𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒏. 𝑰 𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒅. 𝑰 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒅𝒆 𝒂 𝒇𝒆𝒘 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒇𝒆𝒘 𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔. 𝑲𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒆 𝑹𝒐𝒔𝒊𝒆𝒓, 𝑷𝒂𝒏𝒔𝒚 𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒐𝒏, 𝑫𝒂𝒑𝒉𝒏𝒆 𝑮𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒏𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒔𝒔, 𝑩𝒍𝒂𝒊𝒔𝒆 𝒁𝒂𝒃𝒊𝒏𝒊 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑯𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒚 𝑷𝒐𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓. 𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒆𝒙𝒄𝒆𝒑𝒕 𝑯𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒚 𝒈𝒐𝒕 𝒔𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝑺𝒍𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒏. 𝑯𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒚 𝒈𝒐𝒕 𝒔𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝑮𝒓𝒚𝒇𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒐𝒓. 𝑹𝒐𝒏 𝒊𝒔 𝒂𝒍𝒔𝒐 𝒊𝒏 𝑮𝒓𝒚𝒇𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒐𝒓; 𝑰 𝒂𝒎 𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒆  𝑴𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒚. 𝑯𝒐𝒘 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆? 𝑨𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒆𝒍𝒗𝒆𝒔 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒆? 𝑯𝒐𝒘 𝒊𝒔 𝑪𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒂? 𝑫𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒐 𝒂𝒍𝒔𝒐 𝒈𝒐𝒕 𝒔𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝑺𝒍𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒏. 𝑰 𝒂𝒎 𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒆 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒅𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒆𝒅. 𝑰 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒘𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒐𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒘. 𝑰 𝒂𝒎 𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒕𝒆 𝒔𝒍𝒆𝒆𝒑𝒚 𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒆𝒙𝒉𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈. 𝑰 𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒆 𝑰 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒂 𝒓𝒆𝒑𝒍𝒚 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒐𝒐𝒏! 

 𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆, 𝑪𝒂𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒆

After writing a letter to Aurie and giving it to my new owl Hades, I got ready for bed and soon, slept.