"While you were standing there?" Jada says, horrified.

I nod, laughing at the memory, "He said no, and she had a meltdown on the kitchen floor."

Caitlyn gasps, "Oh my God. If one of Parker's exes did that, I would beat her to a pulp."

I shrugged. "I wasn't really threatened. I knew what she had done to him, so I wasn't worried he would take her back."

"In his own bed," Jada shakes her head, sipping her mimosa.

We sit in silence before another brunette girl leans across the table, "Julia, I loved that picture you took of Omar at the game yesterday. I made ten copies, and I'm framing one to hang in the house."

I smile, and Jada interrupts, "You're a photographer?"

I nod, and Caitlyn says before I can, "Julia is an NFL photographer," she brags. "A lot of the photos taken are hers."

Jada raises her eyebrows, impressed, "That's incredible. I didn't know any of the guys dated one of the photographers. Marcus needs to step up on his gossip."

The girls laugh, and I check the time on my watch, an hour til twelve. "Yeah, I'll have to leave soon for practice. I'm there every day the boys are."

"Good to know we have someone to spy on them for us," Jada jokes.

I furrow my eyebrows together, "Are you guys not allowed to go watch practice?" I swear I've seen women there before watching.

"I mean, I'm sure we can. I have no desire to spend all day at the stadium. I've got plenty of other things to do. To be honest, I hardly like football. I don't understand what the hell is happening half the time," Jada confesses.

I nod, trying to act like I understand. I don't fit in at all with these women. They spend all day shopping and eating with the other girls. I wonder how many of them have jobs. "How often do you all meet up?"

"All of us meet up maybe once a week," Caitlyn admits. She leans in closer, "We meet up more often with the girls we actually like."

I nod, taking a sip of my drink, wondering where the hell the waiter was so I could order food. My stomach was churning, and I didn't want to be here any longer. I don't fit in. They are nice, but I know they'll have something to say when I leave.

"You know, it's quite nice to have another girl who has a job. I'm pretty much the only one who has one," Willow says, earning glares from other girls across the table. She's obviously one that not everyone likes. She's not afraid to say what she wants. "I'm an actress."

"Not a good one," someone mumbles down the table, making the girls around her laugh.

Willow rolls her eyes at the snarky woman's comment. I smile at her, interested in what she has to say. "Have I seen you in anything?"

"I've been in a few Hallmark movies. My most recent one was a Christmas movie. You know, the typical movie where the girl moves from the big city back to her hometown when she falls in love with the lumberjack who surprisingly is actually Santa Claus."

"That lumberjack you were working with was a hunk. Absolute dime," Caitlyn gushes over Willow's movie.

After not even eating anything, the girls finally decide they're done with brunch. I wanted to ask where the food was so bad, but I didn't want to be scolded.

I stand outside the country club entrance and message Miles that I am still alive after the brunch.

I begin to walk towards my car when someone grabs my arm. I turn to face Amber who wears a scowl. "I can't believe you," she snarls.

"Excuse me?" I say, crossing my arms and taking a step away from her.

She points her finger at me, "You just can't let me have anything, can you?"

I grab her finger, getting it out of my face. "Amber, what the hell are you talking about?"

She stomps her foot, "I'm talking about these girls. You couldn't just let me have them? You had to barge into the group, too?"

"I was invited by the girls last night," I calmly say, though my anger was rising. She is acting like a child. A damned brat.

"And what the hell was that party? You haven't ever thrown a party before until you got some attention."

Oh my god. What is wrong with her? "The party was Miles's idea. He throws events all the time at his place. I was hoping you'd come, but someone said you said you had no desire to come."

She scoffs, "Why would I? You've acted like I'm scum for weeks now. Why would I come to a party when you haven't been a good friend to me?"

I take a deep breath, trying to calm myself. Why is she starting a fight right now? And when have I been a horrible friend? "Honestly, the fact you won't speak to one of our best friends anymore after you bluntly called her out for no reason concerns me. You haven't been nice to any of us."

"There you go again. Always choosing everyone else except me."

"Amber..." I trailed off, not sure what to say. "You've been my best friend since we were children. Sometimes, I have to help others in time of need. Emma was really hurt over the whole thing."

"You don't ever hang out with me anymore. Only them. You haven't been to my house in months."

"They're my roommates. You're always with Caleb."

"So?" Is all she says, and I realize this fight is going nowhere.

I sigh, "Amber, we will have to finish this later. I have to go to work." I turn, leaving her in the middle of the parking lot. I don't know what to do anymore. I don't want to fight in a parking lot.