[5] CASE: Forbidden feelings

Start bij het begin

"You are so kind, Phi... by the way, you had enough money for new clothes or are they... your boyfriend's?" She smirked and I shut her mouth.

"Shhh, what if Uncle heard it?!"

"Why? Wouldn't he be happy?" I sadly smiled.

"I don't think he'd be glad... you know that... he used to date a man too but in his work it was unacceptable. He had a bad life because of it..."

"That's why he broke up with Khun Chadok?"

"Yes... that's right. And also because... Khun Chadok was a policeman. You know what would happen if he found out about his 'kindergarten'."

"If he loved him, he wouldn't tell anyone." I bit my lip. I've got the same taste as Uncle Dika. Will it end up the same?

"Miri, do you need any help with chores? Washing clothes must be really hard for you..."

"You wouldn't believe but our neighbors help me a lot! Some of them have washing machine and let me use it!" I stroked her hair.

"Brilliant! I'm happy you get along with others! You know what? I'll go to the grocery store now and also buy something nice for you."

"And don't forget to buy something for your boyfriend!"

"Oh, don't worry, I can give him something that won't cost me a baht!" I winked at her and she giggled. She was the oldest among my siblings and was the one I could get along with the most. I could talk with her about my relationships and other mature things and she paid attention to learn something from me.

I looked at uncle one more time and held his hand before I left again to the store.

I bought the cheapest food they needed like bread, butter, milk, vegetables, pasta and many instant food supplies. Hygiene supplies as well but it was embarrassing buying pads for my sisters, still, I need to help them as much as I can. Then I looked for something pretty I could give Miri for her hard work and decided for a hair clip with rose which would definitely suit her but I looked also for a hairbrush. I'm lucky they buy clothes themselves from their own salary. I just take care of the basic needs but Pim and Ring can't work yet so I buy clothes for them.

I returned with two full bags of food and other supplies and Miri came to help me but she wasn't my only sibling at home anymore.

"Phi Ayan! You are here! Something terrible happened!"

"Aki! How come you are not in school?!"

"This is more important! Pim and Ring didn't return home yesterday so I went to look for them but it was too late. I thought they just got lost and would return in the morning but they didn't and found out they are in a hospital!" Fuck...

"Is it bad?!"

"They appeared near the fire but they'll be fine. I'm also worried about the bills for the hospital... shouldn't I help you?" He was nice but this is my job.

"You'll help me by studying and finishing your lower secondary school, okay? I don't pay for your fees to let you slacker like this." He sighed.

"I'll also need you to write an excuse for me... you are also my guardian."

"Fine and if something happens in school, tell me. I have to replace Uncle for now in these matters..." To be honest... I understand Akk so much. It's hard to care about yourself when you are so overwhelmed by something else. I myself have trouble sleeping and don't eat that much so I recognized his symptoms immediately.

"You know what... we can't have a phone so I'll give you the address where I'm staying at right now but if someone else opens, tell him that it's a mistake, okay?" Miri whispered something to his ear immediately and he laughed.